Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Changing carpet color

DoobieBrother is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Changing carpet color

I've got a box that is currently a tan color. I need it to be a dark charcoal grey, or even black. This is a stealthbox that's replacing my center jump seat. So, I'm wondering about dying the carpet, spay painting it, etc. Anyone have any success with something like that?

I know I could recarpet it, but kind of want to avoid that if I can because unless I go get GM carpet, it'll probably look funny.

Thoughts?

Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

tdawg30 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Changing carpet color

I spray dyed my rear deck with some duplicolor carpet spray dye. the stuff works really good, just be sure to coat it enuff. I used a can for my rear deck and it was like 5 bucks I think so you could either buy 2 cans or get some new carpet. its up to you, but it works well.

jmanpc i've had some serious sander *** with that box, and made al of the edges perfectly flush. like if you ran your finger over it, you couldnt tell it was 2 pieces of wood

references: ivanfbi, mike dressure, ridnclean

Belunt is offline Resurrected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting to black doesn't sound to hard, just use the proper paint otherwise your box is gonna feel like it's covered in pubes.

Team Kicker
    Team Phat HertZ
    Team Maxxsonics

truz05 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

vinyl spray dye... its called VHT or something. works well. in fact I used it on the rear deck of my bimmer.

Closed Thread