Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: New Truck box Design...

kickerlivinloud is offline Banning survivor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Truck box Design...

Mk I've been bored today so I was playing around with some idea's for fitting a 12 behind the seat of my truck. The box would be a downfiring box. I have a quick scketch up I made in paint.

Thats a very rough idea of what it will look like. The cut out on the back is made to fit around a "hump" in the truck its self, if you have an F-150 (or other truck idk?) you'll know what I'm talking about. I plan on porting it at 32Hz, (at least for now, might change, i'm still in the planning stages) For port area I have roughly 70.5^2in. and a port length of 31.75". My question is if I was to put the port like this...

Would that cause issues with port noise or other issues?? I can't really think of another way of porting other then going with areo's (which I'd rather stay away from) I'm open to other ppl's idea's, critisims and what not. I probably won't be doing this right away but I might. If anything the box will be getting smaller to make room for an amp rack and what not. If any of this doesn't make since let me know and I'll try and clear things up.

Also the dimentions given in paint are MAX! I can not make any of them (besides height, that would be the only exception) any larger...

Your input is appreceated...

Jon

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Truck box Design...

why dont you just make a square port and fiberglass the hump in the floor to get more volume.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First off the hump is not in the floor its on the back....

I want to stay away from fiberglassing just b/c I don't want to deal with all the trouble of it. I guess I never really thought of just making a square port. Hmm how about somthin like this....

Not really sure why I didn't think of that, owell, thanks for the idea... I will mostlikly go with a port of that design...

Jon

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you dont have a hump in the floor at all? and why dont you see about whats behind that hump on the rear wall? if it is the body, you're screwed, but if it is something that can be relocated, do it and pull the panel or make your own.

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ford. engineer's with a ged.

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I have another question now. How do you calculate a port when the opening is angled, like if I was to fire the sub out the front of a wedge style box. I'm guessing that what you do is somthing like this...

Doing like I said above makes since to me b/c you would treat the end of the port as a triangle, saying you port needs to be 5" long, you would make the 5" mark come out in the middle like I have marked. This would make the bottom of the port stick out past the 5" mark and the top behind the 5" mark.

Im I understanding this right, or is there another way of calculating it????

Thanks...........

Jon

acold7dusta is offline y they stealin my bucket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

curious, where do you plan on locating the sub?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Placing the sub like this eliminates the need for shallow mount subs, I can fit a 12MT easly with a designe like this.

Jon

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kickerlivinloud View Post
    Ok, I have another question now. How do you calculate a port when the opening is angled, like if I was to fire the sub out the front of a wedge style box. I'm guessing that what you do is somthing like this...

Doing like I said above makes since to me b/c you would treat the end of the port as a triangle, saying you port needs to be 5" long, you would make the 5" mark come out in the middle like I have marked. This would make the bottom of the port stick out past the 5" mark and the top behind the 5" mark.

Thanks...........

Jon
    Anyone answer this questions??????

Jon

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could use some help guys, I'm at the point were I'm ready to build, just need this question answered before I can start.

Jon

mendon mafia is offline 2 12's 6+kW Chrysler300M

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks...........

Jon
    I know this thread is old but rather than making a new thread i did a search

Can some one answer this question in the quote?

For example if the port needs to be 5 inches long and the face of the box is at a tilt so that the bottom sticks out 3 inches farther than the top. how long do i make the port.

to see what im talking about use the RE box calculator and do a wedge design. to port exits on the slanted face also the internal port opening is straight up and down is this supposed to be like that of should the internal opening be at the same angle as the exit?

refs: ebaker, its_bacon12, jando86, thedukey42 , WrenchGuy, jaredspl, teenapp, MisterGrubbs, BushJ311, fozzy2134
    System: Poineer 590ib headunit (soon upgrading to 790bt)
    2 12" RD Alpha V.3's (soon upgrading to konaki 9512 hybrids) powered by 2 Atomic 3000.1d's
    Polk mm6 front components powered by a Soundmagus CP-91 @ 4ohm bridged. JBL/Infinity Hybrid rear components. hu power
    200 amp alt and 2 stinger spv 70's (more pending voltage drop)
    Current output: 144.9 db using new 09 alpha v3's - on music with 1 3k - song: haters everywhere-two five, Chrysler 300M.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ttt

refs: ebaker, its_bacon12, jando86, thedukey42 , WrenchGuy, jaredspl, teenapp, MisterGrubbs, BushJ311, fozzy2134
    2 12" RD Alpha V.3's (soon upgrading to konaki 9512 hybrids) powered by 2 Atomic 3000.1d's
    Polk mm6 front components powered by a Soundmagus CP-91 @ 4ohm bridged. JBL/Infinity Hybrid rear components. hu power
    Current output: 144.9 db using new 09 alpha v3's - on music with 1 3k - song: haters everywhere-two five, Chrysler 300M.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

really? none of u know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks...........

Jon
    ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

someone must know the answer to this question?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast