Closed Thread

Reload Thread: how to do the dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how to do the dash

im trying to install my new single din units inside of my dash and came into a problem

i have one single din unit which is my cd/mp3 deck (eclipse 8445)
    and one flip out lcd screen
    im going to keep the eclipse on the top (1 of 3) and put the lcd into the bottom din (3 of 3)

i could just stick the lcd into the bottom din (currently filled w/an ashtray and cigarette lighter) and leave it like that but it would look really weird
    so im just going to trash all 3 units and make my own where i could flushmount both units and not have to worry about anything hitting the heating controls or other units

my question is how should i do this?
    should i just rip everything out of there and make a plate of fiberglass and just cut out holes for the 2 units or should i just cut something out of 3/4in mdf that i have sitting around leftover from my box?

and how do i make sure that it would all be stable in the back so nothing shakes
    and how do i make sure that the mdf or fiberglass stays in place w/o moving?

thanks for any and all replies

nickf rom ROE is offline Team Sundown

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: how to do the dash

yea you deffinatly want to make sure that when the flip out comes out it dosnt hit your shifter I saw one guy rip the gears out of his Eclipse unit doing that and the worst part of it was he had just paid to get it fixed by Eclipse cause when he got it off ebay it was broke

anmol_da_great is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: how to do the dash

any ideas?
    please?

Closed Thread