Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some box tuning help

SoloXjeep is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need some box tuning help

I currently have box plans for a 40x30x20 (width x depth x height) but the depth is too big for my Jeep because there is maybe an inch of space on the Port side (the port is back, right up against my back door) and I had heard the suggested space is 6 inches.

If I cut the box down 5 more inches in depth, how would that effect the tuning of the box? It's currently tuned at 35Hz (the port is 4 inches tall and the whole 40 inches wide).

How would I need to change the port in order to keep the same tuning?

I've also wondered if it would be ok to port the top? Meaning the sub AND port would both be facing up. Is that a big deal and would I lose a lot of volume?

I'm a n00b, so I apologize if any of these questions are stupid.

The sub is a 18" Kicker Solo-X in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee if that helps any.

Oh, and if more information is needed to be able to help me then just ask. I should be around a computer for pretty much the whole day. I just don't know what all information is needed to further assist me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SoloXjeep; 01-12-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Grammatical Errors

rpfuror is online now sound envy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need some box tuning help

Cutting the height down will completely change the tuning, as this is a parameter of calculating it.

I have a jeep and have many jeep designs (even posted on this form) I can help you figure it out if you wish. Just give me the dimensions you want to work with, including cu/ft and freq and I'll give you what you want to target.

**rpfuror_designs**
    ** Ask me about box design and construction **

Build: bigmike8771, bama350z, nismos14, speedyg76, onnoff7, orioles26, Airman21

Design: RFmustang, e22s, Platestacker45, lilgator, diminishedpower, hannibal05

Buy/Sell: 00maxima, Flyhalf, CaliforniabOY5, angrytrucker78, shawnfleming, dre2390 , IM IN HERE, Spellman, LazyRider, mikescanlon, AZ-ss, BLD 25, x1le woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Closed Thread