Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Any reason this wont work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Any reason this wont work?

[img=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6053/untitledjp3.th.png]

Heres the situation. I have Moe Lesters 2.15 @ 32hz box already built. I'm recieving a pair of Assassin 8's by the end of the week and would like to use my current box of possible. the box is really like 2.35 before sub displacement So if I take up 0.66cu ft of airspace (indicated by the red in the pics above) I'll have roughly 1.69 cu ft before SUB displacement. So I'm guessing that would be just about right for the pair of 8's? According to my calculations, leavin the port at 29.5" long x 2"wide x 13.5" high, that would give me a tuning of roughly 36 hz...Port area will be 27 sq inches. Will this work like I planned?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Any reason this wont work?

Just need a simple "Yes it will work" or "No, you jackass, it wont work".

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any reason this wont work?

it will work, if the enclosure still to big the add more material to the inside the enclosure to take up the extra space.
    it will also lower the tuning freq of the enclosure but having 8" subs they my be happier in tuned in the mid 30s.
    so give it a try and see how it works you already have the enclosure built.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Closed Thread