Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fiberglass door pods for Wrangler

i offered to make door pods or something of the like for my friends wrangler. Taking my advice hell be using Pioneer Rev 6.5 comps off of a RF 350s. Im pretty proficient at fiberglassing ive built a wakeboard and a skimboard before and alot of boat repair work. My question is where do you think i should put them. The stock 4x6 locations are in the dash facing straight back so i could fg something to fit in there or i could make something that could be mounted to the door panel or i may be able to do kick but im not sure how its set up down there. What do you think my best option would be.

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

acold7dusta is offline y they stealin my bucket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fiberglass door pods for Wrangler

is there enough room for kickpods?

01 Acura CL

Eclipse CD3200
    Rainbow SLC 265 Active
    Sundown: SAX-50.4D
    ..............SAE-1000D
    Diamond D6 10" d2 sub
    ...........-.80 cu. ft FG sealed

PESteele is offline I wang on an 8 in a van

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im not sure thats why i said id have to see about that option

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

on the doors aiming at an angle would look cool.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah thats what i was thinking. I would probably put the tweets in the stock location pointing at the headrest

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

any more suggestions. I think ill go with the door pods since the doors are flat and i wont have to do any major curves

W8 a minute is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is he going to do when he removes his doors?
    How are you going to run wire to them? Wranglers don't have any wiring in the doors from the factory. No speakers, no pwr windows, no pwr locks.
    There's enough room to make a wedge shaped enclosure below the door. As a former Wrangler owner I wouldn't want speakers in my doors.

Make something similar to this:
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_01.htm

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

**** forgot about that. Thanks ill keep that in mind

billabongcr is offline mmuudd sslluutt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

you could put a connector in the wire and still put them on the door, and just unclip the connector when taking doors off if thats a route your determined on taking.

let me know how it goes man, my girl gets her 88 jeep this weekend

Cadillac Escalade
    2 Fi SSD10s
    Kicker zx1500.1
    RE RE Mids and Highs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

will do

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

or use them connectors they sell for making electrical contacts like the doors in a van use, you can find those in any electronics online store like mouser.com . and they are very reliable and you don't have to disconnect anything just remove the door when you want to and put it back and the connection is there so you have sound in your doors with out the hassle of disconnecting wire every time you remove and install your door. the only problem i see is that when you open your door with the stereo on, you kill the sound going to your door. haha. but other then that they serve the purpose.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Closed Thread

User Tag List