Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sealed box

I recently constructed a sealed enclosure for my 2 10" Comp VR's. Each speaker has approximately 1.91 ft3 +/- 0.01. I made it out of 3/4 MDF, liqiud nails, plumbers caulking, and 3 cans of undercoating. I will be running a KX600.1 to the speakers, they are dual voice coil (of course).

First: Do you suggest that I put any poly-fill material to raise the ft3?? If so how much (I have 5 pounds available for the project)?

Second: To maximize the potential of the speaker, how do you suggest I wire them to the amp (pararell or in series)?

Third: When I fitted the speakers into the enclosure and did a seal test, the cone came back to set position in about 2 seconds. Could I have aleak some place or is it ok?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

DIDNT KNOW IT SNOWED IN KANSAS UNITL TODAY!!!!
    Last edited by Scorpion; 12-21-2006 at 03:51 AM.

Volenti is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: sealed box

The use of fill often comes down to personal choice, I advise initially listening to the subs without fill and only add fill if you think the subs sound a little boomy (note, a sub is always louder with no fill, always)

I'm not familier with that amp

A "perfect" seal would let you push the driver in for a couple of secs, than immediatly spring back after you release it, you could always play a low frequency tone (20hz or so) and listen for un-natual noises, if you hear none the leak is probably not affecting anything. (note, some drivers by their construction will not seal completely(porus materials))

DFW40 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: sealed box

wire your subs to give the highest power available from your amp (assuming your amp can go to that "ohm" level), whatever that is. Do some caulking on the outside to be safe and use your fingers to spread it real thin and it will dry very fast.

Closed Thread

User Tag List