Closed Thread

Reload Thread: box help

jcuts7171 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

box help

i wanna build me a box for 2 15" kicker comp vr dual voice coils, 4 ohms....its for an expedition...i plan on getting a sx1250.1 to push them...i have some measurements in mind ....48" wide 18" height 20" depth ....thats about 8.0 cubic feet...do you think thats good or should i go smaller or bigger...i want it to sound good...i have no idea of where i would put the ports at....can anyone give me a lil help if you dont mind...i have a guy that usually builds em for me but hes gonna be tied up for a while he says and i wanna try and have this done by christmas.....wanna know anything else get back at me......thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: box help

can anyone give me some advice...

geowick07 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i think the 15" CVR is supposed to be around 3.5 cubes a piece. so, 7-8 cubes would be fine. tune around 32-36.
    as for the port(s), i would recommend a single slot-port for two reasons. 1, it is a lot easier to design, and 2, it adds overall strength to the enclosure. i would also recommend some internal bracing, and/or a double baffle.
    another option is dual slot-ports. pros to this are add strength. cons are larger box size (not by much, but a little larger than a single port), and its tougher to design.
    Check out this site for some help designing your enclosure. i took the liberty of inputing your info, but feel free to play around with it and see what you can come up with. http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/...&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks geowick... so i dont need to divide the woofers into different chambers?.....would it be the same if i put the port in the middle of the box?

NoviceGuru is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think dividing the air space cleans up the sound. also it adds box strength. and you could put a single port on each side if you do that. i think it would be a good looking box. strong and loud aswell

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think im going to divide the two speakers, so if i do that and i put a port on both sides...i would just put the speaker in the center of the box right?

Closed Thread