Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Complicated Build, Rookie Builder, need some advice

NJTStang11 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Complicated Build, Rookie Builder, need some advice

Due to my 1993 Lexus ES300's completely sealed off trunk, I've decided something new to try that I found on another site.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...+subwoofer+box

My rear deck is similar to that, but may require some cutting. My questions:
    #1-Do I simply build a 3/4 or 1/2 MDF the exact same size as rear deck and just place it underneath the sheet metal?
    #2-Will shaving off some of the metal in my deck be alright for the car?
    #3-Correct me if Im wrong, but do I build the top and then just build the box from the top down and then just put supports on the bottom to avoid too much strain on rear deck?
    #4-I tore some **** out from between my back seat and trunk, and got a small area around 12"h x 4"w where my armrest folds down. Can I maybe port the box and have the port firing into the armrest?

Pretty much what I want is 2 10's firing off the rear deck directly into the car off the rear glass w/ a port at the point of the armrest. Is this possible? or should I stay sealed like I originally planned? How much hell am I getting myself and my box builder buddy into?

Thanks for the help in advance, and sorry for the stupid questions, just really don't wanna screw anything up. And for the interested folks it'll be a pair of 10" CVX's off 800rms each

systembumping is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Complicated Build, Rookie Builder, need some advice

You really don't have to do that much to your Lex to get it loud, but if you want to good luck.

Closed Thread