Ok, i am in the process of building my box. First, i need to make sure i have all the tools needed..
I am going to make a ported box for my JBL GTO1220's.. The recommended specs are 2.25 cu ft per sub with a port dimension of 4 in diamater, and 13.31 in long tuned to 30 hz.
1. Do i need to make a 4.5 cu ft single chamber with 2 of these size ports for the 2 subs?
- if i make the box bigger and add in a 3rd, or even 4th port, will the SPL increase?
2. What is the best material to use for the circular ports?
-Would it be better/easier to make a slot ported box?
3. Do i need to secure the ports in place?
4. For the finishing touch, what other than carpet can i use? Anything spray on?
5. How do i tune the port???
Pretty much, everything i need is here: (exept the lengths of the wood)
Thanks in advance for any help!