Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Suggestion On Box

Tiger Bass is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Suggestion On Box

Ok, I know I've asked something like this before but Im finally getting around to building my ported box and still have a couple questions. The set up that I will be using is in my sig.

To my understanding, the more cu. ft. of the box, the more SPL you will get. I am looking to get around 2 cu ft right now at 35hz. However, the recommended specs for the box is .78 cu ft. Will this matter all that much? And is 35hz a little high for 2 10"s? I was starting to think to go at 31-33hz. Keeping in mind that I am going to upgrade to some Pioneers around Christmas time, which way should I go?

And one last thing, Should I use 1" mdf or will 3/4" be fine for 10's.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...020668,00.html

Refs: Kenny Pollock, ngsm13, rollerdj, WhoSayWho?

baseballer1100 is offline My life be like....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Suggestion On Box

What subs do you have now? 2 cubic feet should be good and 33-35 hz range is fine. And you only need 3/4

References:
    Caraudio.com
    Luckyt,Hotown,Thunder9500,Vladd,Mikeyb,kngoftheprk nglot, cd6551(x3),bolognabake,dalucifer,phrozen5100, frito,bring97, avs20,Resonant18,djman37,Showrides,Fi car audio(X2),jeeper07(x2),pimpedout97x,matrxx dude(x3),flakko(x2),mega1268,powernaudio,iamamp3pi mp.bamaboy,Daishi(x3).angrytrucker78,impalafan95.n etherland, down,blue200sx(x2),QtrHorseThecybe,jiggy2dmax,stc1 709,musclehead,NDMstang65v2,alxmlr789
    Carstereos.org
    Wackii,BrownNoiseBob
    Explorer4x4.com
    Fordexplorer157
    Mp3car.com
    StLB5,Coolskys05
    I know there is more ill try to find them.

Tiger Bass is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Suggestion On Box

Ok, decided to build it at 1.75 cu ft at 32Hz. This is mainly in part due to the size and weight the box would have been. I needed to be able to take the box out with relative easy for if I ever got a flat tire. Im fairly satisfied with the completed work though. Considering I only spent $20 for the box when I would have been charged 4x that if I let the shop build it for me. And 3/4 was indeed PLENTY thick. I didnt even need bracing. Now I just need to upgrade the amp and subs Im using the Sony Xplods right now. The Pioneer's are what Im upgrading to around Christmas when I get more money and hopefully a job that I can work. Ive been off my feet for quite some time now do to college and a recent surgery.
    Last edited by Tiger Bass; 11-05-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Refs: Kenny Pollock, ngsm13, rollerdj, WhoSayWho?

Closed Thread