Closed Thread

Reload Thread: L7's + sealed box?

ajm
    ajm is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

L7's + sealed box?

It was a toss up to put this in the sub section or here so I picked here. Have you guys had any decent results with L7's in a sealed box? I figured id ask even though ive heard quite a bit about them not getting very loud in a sealed box. Right now I have 3 10" L7s in a 3.5 cu box tuned to 37hz. I have some extra money laying around and thought about buying another L7 but that almost leaves me with having to put them in a sealed box as im not very interested in completely walling my truck. Just for the idea of people being able to see what I have. The box would be roughly 7.5 cubes before displacement and wood thickness calculated. Unless I could get away with a ported box with this little airspace. It MIGHT be possible that I could get it up to 9 cubes. I will measure tomorrow for a double check.

heyman421 is offline Veteran Camel Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: L7's + sealed box?

That post was hard as hell to read.

You'll have better results with fewer drivers, and more space in a ported box, than more drivers with less space in a sealed box, any day of the week.

L7's excell in a ported enclosure, larger the better.

Save your $$ and build a good ported enclosure instead of buying another sub.

ajm

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks, sorry for it bein hard to read i posted real quick before goin to bed so didnt reread anything etc.

linvillegorge is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I'd take 3 L7s in a proper ported enclosure over 4 L7s in a small, sealed enclosure anyday. With L7s, you really need to go ported. Please tell me you don't have all 3 of those L7s in a 3.5 cubic foot enclosure! If so, build a bigger box right now!

After getting jacked , I'm finally ready to get back into the game! Going a little smaller this time. Just a little 12" RE SE on 600w.

heyman421 is offline Veteran Camel Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya, if you had those 3 in an 8 or 9 cube box, you'd be in serious business

mazdakid is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

why would you put 3 10's in 8 or 9 cubes?

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

ajm

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
    Yeah, I'd take 3 L7s in a proper ported enclosure over 4 L7s in a small, sealed enclosure anyday. With L7s, you really need to go ported. Please tell me you don't have all 3 of those L7s in a 3.5 cubic foot enclosure! If so, build a bigger box right now!
    Sadly enough I do have the 3 in a 3.5 cu box tuned to 37hz. When having the guy design the box I was pretty much told I would still be good. obviously it didnt work out too well lol. I did some measurements and I have enough room for a box thats 50 x 30 x 10.5....if I really want to streach it and .5 cubes will really make a difference I can go 50 x 31 x 10.5.

From the way it sounds im just gonna order another L7 due to the fact that one of the ones im using now has a messed up coil and pay a reputable guy on here (moelester was the popular one as far as I can remember?) draw me up some box plans.

Closed Thread