Closed Thread

Reload Thread: tunning sound difference

novice is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tunning sound difference

whats the difference between high and low tuning? what's the difference in sound?

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: tunning sound difference

tunning changes how the speaker is going to responce in the given enclosure. an enclosure that is tuned high will yield more output around that tuning. and lack the low end. an enclosure thats tuned low will most likely cover the lower end and some times lack the upper end. it all depends on the sub on how the enclosure should be build as far as how much net air space and tuning should be given for that particular sub/application.
    to get the best of both worlds at times people will build a band pass enclosure. where there will be a sealed chamber and a ported chamber. the seal chamber will boost the upper end and the ported chamber will boost the lower end. and increasing the subwoofer performace by covering a larger amount of freqs.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

novice is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: tunning sound difference

thanx

I have a Pioneer Premier TS-W2504SPL and I want to build a box for it and i was wondering what Hz to tune it to.

Closed Thread