Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New Box, couple pics

bikinpunk is offline G-g-g-g-g-unity!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Box, couple pics

Old Box: 2 cubes internal, with crazy snake port. Weighed about 80 pounds. Tuned to roughly 32 hz. Sounded good but was way too tall and deep.

12w7 & 4" Precision Port next to it to give an idea of how big the port is.

Finished Box: Roughly 2.3 Cubes internal. Tuned to 28hz.

Close up of Port:

Better perspective of what my trunk space is now.

I listened to some low-tuned songs and this thing plays them pretty dang well. I'm going to adjust the settings on my amp and try to fine tune it but overall I'm psyched on the playback. Everything sounds VERY clean and precise. Got rid of that extra boom that I was growing tired of but still plenty enough in reserve (I have the subwoofer setting on 4 but can go up to 15 on my headunit) in case I want to bump some music.

I'm very impressed at the fit. Also, the new box is 30 pounds lighter. With my previous box I couldn't even lift the thing out of the car without help and I had to use a wheelbarrow to carry it into the garage this morning cause there's no way I could carry that thing myself. With the new box, I carried it to the car and sat it in, pushed it back and that was it. I'm going to carpet it soon. I'll have to deaden my trunk lid tomorrow with the excess from my door deadening project last weekend. I only have about 6 square feet left though so I'll be ordering more later.

SHiZNiLTi is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Box, couple pics

Quote Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
    With my previous box I couldn't even lift the thing out of the car without help and I had to use a wheelbarrow to carry it into the garage this morning cause there's no way I could carry that thing myself.
    ROFL, dude that is one sweet box!!! Use my technique and paint that bad boy glossy black. Either way it's a great design and I bet it pounds.

CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you only got one port?

REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46

Bought-Sold-Traded

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The best thing is the use of Damplifier inside the box on some un-precise cuts. Haha. Helped seal up some gaps on the edges. Stuff works though.

Quote Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi View Post
    ROFL, dude that is one sweet box!!! Use my technique and paint that bad boy glossy black. Either way it's a great design and I bet it pounds.
    I honestly don't know if it pounds yet. I'm letting the wood glue dry overnight before I crank it up too loud. Plus, even if it does I won't be doing it much since I don't have the trunk deadened yet.

When you painted your box, did you sand it down or just spray paint it straight up? I was thinking carpet because it would seal the box up a little more but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CJL View Post
    you only got one port?
    Yea. 2 wouldn't work because I don't have enough room in the box for two. I listened to the port at max volume and there was some port noise, but nothing that I wouldn notice at all from the inside of the car.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nevermind

Closed Thread