Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How do you know??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you know??????

I am going to get rid of the 4 15's I have in my truck now and run 2 15's in a ported box instead.My question is how do you know what size to make the box?What size to make the port?The subs are made by Elevation audio.The website tells you what size to make the box if its a sealed enclosure but not if its ported.I thought I had read about this on here somewhere before but I cant find it now.

PESteele is offline I wang on an 8 in a van

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How do you know??????

have someone make you plans

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

screamerbolt is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply but i would really like to figure this out and do it myself.also how do you know what frequency you want it tuned to?

screamerbolt is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am amazed that no one can answer this

reneeb7363 is offline She-Nay-Nay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

send a pm to 80--- (search for his name) he is the BEST HELP for designers!

ya'all are like a bunch of little girls gathered around the gossip circle - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudCrownVic View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything... He seems to have enough trouble validating his manhood as it is, no point in making him cry.
    refs: jmanpc, MikeOfTulsa, 97Cavy, seagrasser, ( and 2 other purchases but I can't remember their user names --pm me if we have done business before) + 100% e-bay feedback
    kasimo420 BAD Seller!

hoss is offline imma genius. so **** it!

inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by screamerbolt View Post
    I am amazed that no one can answer this
    someone already did...

but to answer your question more specifically, you look at the T/S of the woofer in question, and you plan your box according to those, the final product you are looking to achieve (SPL, SQ, daily, loud daily...), the power you are applying, and the space you have to work with. then to figure the port, there is a mathematical calculation that you can use to determine the port length in comparison to the port area (remember to account for port displacement in your box )

if you dont know what you are looking for when you look at the T/S, or you dont understand anything in the T/S, or if you are unfamiliar with what the T/S are, you get someone to design your box for you

Closed Thread