Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Port Calculations

Zerim is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Port Calculations

Ok i need a little help here. I'm at work so i cant sit here and figure out what my port dimensions need to be. Probably couldnt do it on my own anyways, maybe when i start school again and re-learn algebra. Anyways i'm getting 2 PG 12's RSD today after work. Was wondering if someone could give me the port demensions on a 2cu box tuned to 30hz

Another quick question as well. When i build this box its going to be a odd shape, will this affect anything with my port? ill be sure to make room for the proper port dimesions, but will the box not being square affect anything?

Thank you.

danteBirosel is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Port Calculations

Yes, the enclosure not being a square, will affect it's volume. With the enclosure not having that proper volume, it will be hard to calculate the port area, displacement, etc.

-Dante

also known as... LivinLife

[ References ] q-ball (kickerL5), ssackett (yellowtop), chaarlieee, Kenny Polluck (motoBTheadset), BassAddictJ, Iamamp3pimp (enclosure), lilmaniac2 (paintball gun, motors, & others), cardinalsfan (I paid half, den paid the rest), amorsh (sub), nVRuckus, LeofromtheH (amp), k4rts, rassymx, sublime0420x, lax916, ilaydit, KSilver2000, Raven, mtdewelf, SiX, KngOfThePkngLot, Dozy_production, supa_c, davidfre21, trevor87, bumpn_gt, Pistonsfav70, dbubble & moreeee!!!

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the shape will not matter as long as you have the proper volume. make sure to account for port displacement and make sure that the port stays square, or round, it's entire length. make sure you put it in a place in the enclosure so it can maintain this.

i could give you port dimensions but i don't know the box or port area your looking to work with.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Zerim is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the link Jman much help. I'm sure i can keep the dimesions needed for the port. hope i can figure all this out by this weekend, going to be an exprience. lol

Closed Thread