Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Ported Enclosure Design Help

angrytrucker78 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ported Enclosure Design Help

Ok, I have a SI MAG 15" on the way. I would "like" to get it in a ported enclosure, but I have a feeling sealed is my only real option.

A pre-lim measurement of my hatch is 40" Max Ex Width, 19" Max Ex Depth, and 11" Max Ex Height(that's only because the sub would have to fire upwards as it's to large in circumference to be mounted vertically)

So with those measurements I'm at 3.99 after basket displacement, so that only leave .5 cu ft for vent displacement. I'm shooting to get 3.5 net@ 30hz.

This is gonna be impossible right?

Any light shed would be appreciated.

Sean

refs:showrides, ownage9, cellerbr, IamDeMan, phatcat600, swangandbang, baseballer1100, expo5.0, trevor87, lilmaniac2, master467, FLOSSINON24S, rpfuror, jaco, hemiscott, enzowho, Bumpin97Jeep, pinkyota, kizzo, ruger, NoLimit, RumbleNTheTrunk
    ebay:reerganes

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ported Enclosure Design Help

Not impossible. But the resulted port noise would make a sealed box the better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

jeepintn is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tRiGgEr View Post
    Not impossible. But the resulted port noise would make a sealed port the better solution.
    x2, the port area would be so small that it would work against what u r going for

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's what I figured. But on the bright side, I'll be powering it with a Sundown 1500d gained down to around 1000-1200, it should still get pretty loud in my little car huh?

It's 300zx 2 seater, small....

refs:showrides, ownage9, cellerbr, IamDeMan, phatcat600, swangandbang, baseballer1100, expo5.0, trevor87, lilmaniac2, master467, FLOSSINON24S, rpfuror, jaco, hemiscott, enzowho, Bumpin97Jeep, pinkyota, kizzo, ruger, NoLimit, RumbleNTheTrunk

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I came up with a design that does fit. But the vent is gonna be real close to the back of the hatch. Is there a certain amount of space that is required to be in between the port and anything else?

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the width of the port plus like 1/2" would work fine.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that *****.....I guess I'll try it sealed

Closed Thread