Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

noob box question

ok, im about to build a box for behind the seat of my f150. i'll be running a 10" solobaric L7 off a bxi1206d. i gave my buddy lilkb my max demensions and he drew out box plans for me. the total cubes is around 2.25. i wanna run a 4" aeroport and i want it tuned to 32hz. on the online port calculater, i got 12 3/4" with a 4" aeroport. does this sound correct? also. should i place the sub on the drivers side and port on passenger side or vice versa? any help would be appreciated. here is a couple pics of the box design...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails noob box question-box-1.jpg   noob box question-box-2.jpg  

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: noob box question

Quote Originally Posted by ThumpingF150 View Post
    ok, im about to build a box for behind the seat of my f150. i'll be running a 10" solobaric L7 off a bxi1206d. i gave my buddy lilkb my max demensions and he drew out box plans for me. the total cubes is around 2.25. i wanna run a 4" aeroport and i want it tuned to 32hz. on the online port calculater, i got 12 3/4" with a 4" aeroport. does this sound correct? also. should i place the sub on the drivers side and port on passenger side or vice versa? any help would be appreciated. here is a couple pics of the box design...
    the 12.75 is correct. you need to add the port's volume to your box though....making it 2.34cu'. if you can't do that then make your box 2.25 but the port 13.8" long. (you need to account for the port's displacement as well as the sub's.) if you subtract 5" from the length, this is what you cut your center port section to because the flaers aer 2.5" long each.

either way won't matter sound wise. for spl comps you want your sub on the passenger side.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Closed Thread

User Tag List