Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: I wanna eat my cake to

buttaz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wanna eat my cake to

ok , this my first thread so take it easy on me.
    ok im new to building boxes and all i have a 89 accord its my only ride at the moment so i need the trunk from time to time. So what i want to do is build a box to fix at the very end of my trunk. See this is the problem i change my mind alot and i cant choose what i want a sealed or ported. so then it struck my why not have both ported and sealed all in one. Before you guys say something i know the differenence between ported and sealed this is where i think my genius comes in. why not have a hatched port technically i just have to figure out how to install a little actuater or something to the hatch and put it in the port ? once i figure this out then i have sealed box and when i want the it to sound different then ill oppen the ports and then im good?
    in theroy this should work
    right?
    ~buttaz

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I wanna eat my cake to

or 1 aero port with a port plug

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

MA$E is offline CANT MOB LIKE ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its gonna sound like crap. Depending on what subs u have, i cant really tell u what type of box to build, people need more info.

"Cross the bridge and you might not go back"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I my self dont know what to choose or build honestly
    i might go with 1 12 in sub, which i havent descided on yet im still reasearching and with the box i am going to put a port plug. something that will fit tight, then some how mount the actuaters in the box with out it being in the port it self. im still workin out the ideas in my head. tommerow i am going to get some measurments and picts of my trunk and possiably a drawing of what im imagining it to be. i just need any opinions and ideas thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

opps i forgot i ment a 12 in sub or two compation 8 in subs with a 1500 watta ampp so then the two 8's get 750 watts

SAG3 is offline ________

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what you wanna try to do is get an alpine type r 12" and try to port at around 3.5^3 feet. that would be the ideal setup to have. if you bough an orion 1200d to go with it that would be perfect. i guarantee you that you will have the loudest setup out of all of your friend. if you wanna be loud, take my advice.

AcidicDreams is offline I don't need one of these

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with a simple port plug is that the proper ported box is often much larger than the proper sealed box. Personally I'd just go sealed and port it if it's not loud enough for you....

Driving a 2003 Lexus GS430 and a 1996 Lexus LS400
    GS430 - Massive RK Tweets/Crossovers + Phass MW650 NEO Mids, JBL GTO 755.6 amp, IDQ12v2 in 1cu ft sealed substage

Refs: CA.com - excelerater, fosgate140, 99StangGt, desertheat, Frito, digital mint, dkguitarist, BoominBeast (didn't scam me), Fast1one, shiipseki, newtitan, Scoobydoo, spudracer326, sr_se-r, redlinese-r, James Bang, tweet02, effenay, and Mike Dressure ::: ECA - BBOYSTEVIE, Need-SQ ::: DIYMA - macxx, Kuztimrodder (very happy), and azngotskills

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok so hmmm, this will be loud but will it have bass. because i listen to something called rageatton and party music it is mostly bass. another quick question is should i dyno mat my trunk or should i do something beacause there two things in life that pisses me off
    ricer fart cans and ricer wanna be system you know the setups that all you hear is the trunk rattle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buttaz View Post
    ok so hmmm, this will be loud but will it have bass. because i listen to something called rageatton and party music it is mostly bass. another quick question is should i dyno mat my trunk or should i do something beacause there two things in life that pisses me off
    ricer fart cans and ricer wanna be system you know the setups that all you hear is the trunk rattle?
    If you listen to anything that is mostly beats go ported... and DEFINATELY do the trunk. Get the sound deadner from either www.secondskinaudio.com which has the BEST or get some from www.raamaudio.com which is the best DEAL.... ohh and don't forget to do the back of the license plate.. liquid sound deadner works well for that...

fart cannons and rattling trunks **** me off too... that and people with those **** $100 pair of 12's by dual....

GS430 - Massive RK Tweets/Crossovers + Phass MW650 NEO Mids, JBL GTO 755.6 amp, IDQ12v2 in 1cu ft sealed substage

Refs: CA.com - excelerater, fosgate140, 99StangGt, desertheat, Frito, digital mint, dkguitarist, BoominBeast (didn't scam me), Fast1one, shiipseki, newtitan, Scoobydoo, spudracer326, sr_se-r, redlinese-r, James Bang, tweet02, effenay, and Mike Dressure ::: ECA - BBOYSTEVIE, Need-SQ ::: DIYMA - macxx, Kuztimrodder (very happy), and azngotskills

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dude i know i hate that **** too maing. i cant talk though i got a dual cd player. but what can i say i was stupid, besides that crack head gave me a deal 5 bucks and a piece of my hamburger. geez i love nyc. anyway i bought a cd player off ebay for 50 dollars it was called the passion something i forget the model number. but anyway it has like 200 watts do you think that will be ok. for now? its better then a tape deck right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buttaz View Post
    dude i know i hate that **** too maing. i cant talk though i got a dual cd player. but what can i say i was stupid, besides that crack head gave me a deal 5 bucks and a piece of my hamburger. geez i love nyc. anyway i bought a cd player off ebay for 50 dollars it was called the passion something i forget the model number. but anyway it has like 200 watts do you think that will be ok. for now? its better then a tape deck right?
    The power rating on a deck means basically nothing. Any proper stereo has an amplifier on all channels. So as long as it has 3 preouts I think you'll be ok for now... however amp choice and sub choice will be much more important at this stage... DO NOT... I repeat DO NOT buy a junk amp or sub... nothing made by dual/pyle/lightning audio etc...

SAG3 is offline ________

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

some lightning audio is good ****. some of it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea im not ganna lie ive had daul products.they where decent till some one decided to spill cool aid on it. Any way i dont want to spend a gran in amps and subs or just one or the other you know? what would you recomend ? honestly i just wanna spend 500 bux on it but im not being realistic so what would you recommend?
    and also im thinking of removing the side molding because again i hate the rattler

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what happends if the deck i get doesnt have preamps? is there a to splice the regualar cables with a rca jack and then connect it to my amp? would that work?

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It will...I can't think of an aftermarket head unit that doesn't have a low level preamp out

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast