Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Enclosure for DD 9515d *PICS*

donpisto is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enclosure for DD 9515d *PICS*

So, I head out to San Marcos early has hell Saturday morning to meet up with my buddy Peter (aka "kool aid" on this forum) to get this enclosure made. After departing there and borrowing his lady's dad BEAUTIFUL work truck (its no ordinary work truck hahaha) we head to home depot to get all the materials, 2 MDF sheets (one we got a discount cos it was barely messed up, but was nearly half off), drywall screws, chaulk, LATEX gloves, resin, mat, those wire holders, bucket, and i believe thats it. then we head out to walmart and got some white fleece for the fiberglass. We get back and start workin out a design.<br>

The sub was going to face the rear as well as the port, but soon to find out the original 38" wide, 22" deep, and 16" high were not going to work. Now we have the sub firing up and the port facing the front. The dimensions are 31" wide, 24" deep, and 15" high. The port on this thing is massive. The width is 5", big enough for me to fit my entire fist with no problem. Thanks to Peter's lady's dad we got some awesome help. He had all the tools we needed, made the cuts, glued and nailed the box together. Peter and I helped out holding the board when cut and being glued as well as making sure the dimensions came out to the right size.<br>

The plans for this baby, may be elaborated by (may be a secret till its finally done, haha)...anywho. The sub will be mounted at some what of an angle so that the side on one end is higher and the other is lower. The front where the port is may have a plexiglass window or somethin so you can see the sub. Here are some pics, not that many. But stay tuned....more pics ahead. The build will be completed sometime this month, no hurry since i gotta wait for the amp to get fixed and get my Kinetik battery.

No glue or nails, just seein how it would look

Peter makin them perfect circles free hand for the sub to mount on

The box in the trunk, nice fit, no problems

The view with the seats down (you'll be able to see the sub with the plexiglass if we decide to go that route)

And thats it for now, more to come.

SPECIAL THANKS TO PETER, KELLY, AND HER DAD!!!!!!

Peter is gonna get some better fleece cos that wal-mart stuff was crap. When he gets more pics I'll post em up.

Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

baseballer1100 is offline My life be like....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure for DD 9515d *PICS*

Looks good so far.

References:
    Caraudio.com
    Luckyt,Hotown,Thunder9500,Vladd,Mikeyb,kngoftheprk nglot, cd6551(x3),bolognabake,dalucifer,phrozen5100, frito,bring97, avs20,Resonant18,djman37,Showrides,Fi car audio(X2),jeeper07(x2),pimpedout97x,matrxx dude(x3),flakko(x2),mega1268,powernaudio,iamamp3pi mp.bamaboy,Daishi(x3).angrytrucker78,impalafan95.n etherland, down,blue200sx(x2),QtrHorseThecybe,jiggy2dmax,stc1 709,musclehead,NDMstang65v2,alxmlr789
    Carstereos.org
    Wackii,BrownNoiseBob
    Explorer4x4.com
    Fordexplorer157
    Mp3car.com
    StLB5,Coolskys05
    I know there is more ill try to find them.

IonSQL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely wanting to see the progression of this! Sounds great....

mtdewelf is offline addicted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well honestly after reading this all i find myself thinking is "what is up with the work truck"

Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

TypeRBass is offline Walls are for wussies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baseballer1100 View Post
    Looks good so far.

i'm gonna gu ess either a front baffle or to seal the box off from the trunk?

2005 MECA DB2 World Champion
    2006 MECA DB4 World Champion

I smell a comeback...

donpisto is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonSQL View Post
    Definitely wanting to see the progression of this! Sounds great....
    well most people got f-150,250, 350's or some silverados for their work truck..this guy uses a cadillac ext...i was like work truck

As for the rest of it, i dont know whats gonna happen. Just waitin to see what he comes up with. My guess is that it should be done within a couple weeks. I told him not to rush it cos he's got stuff to do and im still waitin for my amp to get fixed. i should get an estimate on that sometime this week. i'll definitely have vids when everything is completed and pics through out the completion of the enclosure.

Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

baseballer1100 is offline My life be like....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    i'm gonna gu ess either a front baffle or to seal the box off from the trunk?
    yeah haha i thought about that and then edited it again.

References:
    Caraudio.com
    Luckyt,Hotown,Thunder9500,Vladd,Mikeyb,kngoftheprk nglot, cd6551(x3),bolognabake,dalucifer,phrozen5100, frito,bring97, avs20,Resonant18,djman37,Showrides,Fi car audio(X2),jeeper07(x2),pimpedout97x,matrxx dude(x3),flakko(x2),mega1268,powernaudio,iamamp3pi mp.bamaboy,Daishi(x3).angrytrucker78,impalafan95.n etherland, down,blue200sx(x2),QtrHorseThecybe,jiggy2dmax,stc1 709,musclehead,NDMstang65v2,alxmlr789
    Carstereos.org
    Wackii,BrownNoiseBob
    Explorer4x4.com
    Fordexplorer157
    Mp3car.com
    StLB5,Coolskys05
    I know there is more ill try to find them.

Closed Thread