Closed Thread

Reload Thread: L7's need a box.

nickk678 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

L7's need a box.

Well I have pretty much been forced into buying Kicker product now, because I get insane discounts on their stuff through work. I originally was planning on Arc audio amps, and 2 12" rl-p subs. However, I can get one L7 for the price of 2 rl-p's, and amps dirt cheap also.

Will the L7's sound good sealed? I don't have alot of room to work with, and I also am not a basshead. I listen to mainly rock/metal, and like tight, punchy bass. I know the L7's haven't exactly been praised as an SQ sub, and that's why I'm asking you guys to help me build the right box to get the best SQ out of them I can get.

I haven't decided if I should go with 10's or 12's; could use some help there. Either way, I will probably power them with the ZX 1500.1, and I assume ~750W per should be enough.

CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: L7's need a box.

i belive the CVX is a better sealed woofer

REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46

Bought-Sold-Traded

937DYTBOI is offline TL>you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickk678 View Post
    Well I have pretty much been forced into buying Kicker product now, because I get insane discounts on their stuff through work. I originally was planning on Arc audio amps, and 2 12" rl-p subs. However, I can get one L7 for the price of 2 rl-p's, and amps dirt cheap also.

Will the L7's sound good sealed? I don't have alot of room to work with, and I also am not a basshead. I listen to mainly rock/metal, and like tight, punchy bass. I know the L7's haven't exactly been praised as an SQ sub, and that's why I'm asking you guys to help me build the right box to get the best SQ out of them I can get.

I haven't decided if I should go with 10's or 12's; could use some help there. Either way, I will probably power them with the ZX 1500.1, and I assume ~750W per should be enough.

Sounds like ur getting a great deal on subs man wish i had the hook up like that, my parents would have systems in their cars

My Goal

hoodkid is offline Got bang?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see your in MI, I have a L7 box for sale

References

Showrides (Bought an MD2) , Strong*I*bumpin (Bought some 6x9's), Flakko, NMBR1SPT (Sold Us Amps MD2 to), keefey248 ( Traded Amps twice), 15nissen (Bought Type R off him), cgraz1187 (Bought my Alpine Amp) pboulos (Bought my American Bass XD1800) kylec (Bought Orion 2500d from him) MK3XXX (Traded Amps for a KX2500.1)(
    New Setup:
    (2) Kicker CVX 15's, (1) Kicker KX2500.1 (1) PG RSD 6.5 Components (1) Set PG RSD 6x9's (1) Crunch 1400.4 Amp (1) Kicker 0/1 hyperFlex Wire (1) 200 Amp Alternator (1) Yellow Top (1) Pioneer 6800 (1) 6.5^ @ 34hz
    ......Coming Soon

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to build my own box, as I'm going to build it to fit my trunk. However, if you guys think the VX's are a better sealed woofer, maybe I'll have to think about those too.

smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one l7 for the price of 2 RL-P's isn't a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickk678 View Post
    I'd like to build my own box, as I'm going to build it to fit my trunk. However, if you guys think the VX's are a better sealed woofer, maybe I'll have to think about those too.

polecat said that before i could be wrong though,also i sent you a PM

REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46

Bought-Sold-Traded

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well you CAN put L7's in a sealed box, they will still get plenty loud, someone in here had an L7 in 2.25 sealed and said it got plenty loud for him

and L7s have won many SQ awards ...

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I said, the L7's are gunna cost me next to nothing (about 130 shipped a piece) and the VX's are even cheaper. My brother has an L7 in a ported box and it gets really loud, and doesn't sound all that bad with the music I listen to. I just assumed that 2 in a sealed box would sound even better.

orphe is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Go for sealed and you wont be dissapointed. I had 2 12" L7 in a sealed box with about 1.7 cubic feet per internal chamber. pretty good SQ and SPL. Got real Low when Nessesary. I'd say go for it!

Closed Thread