0 Post(s)

need bandpass designer$$$

can some1 tell me who designs bandpass boxes .for $$ of course

Crown_amps is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need bandpass designer$$$

quick q why do you want a bandpass when you can go with a regular ported....they sound better than a bandpass imo

and i bet people can design them a lil better since a bandpass is a weee bit harder to draw up

thats just my 2 cents tho i went from a bandpass to a slot port and LOVE the change

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crown_amps View Post
    quick q why do you want a bandpass when you can go with a regular ported....they sound better than a bandpass imo

and i bet people can design them a lil better since a bandpass is a weee bit harder to draw up

thats just my 2 cents tho i went from a bandpass to a slot port and LOVE the change
    hmm interesting u say that....maybe the bandpass u had was mistuned or wasnt designed properly
    cuz if designed properly u can have a ton of output with in a given range...and heres the kicker...u can make the range as wide as u want
    so its not about wat sounds better its wat U like
    so if he wants a bandpass he must like them because of the potential they have

60ndown is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.decware.com/newsite/images/dbk10.jpg

http://www.decware.com/dbiianim.gif

The Death Box was originally a study in power handling. We studied why woofers blow up, especially in band pass boxes and in the process optimized a design to minimize the negative effects of abuse.

I guess you can tell we were in the car audio business, anyway this process of seeing how far we could take a 10 inch woofer and what the causes of failure were, is how the box got it's name.

We built and tested over 80 revisions of the classic band pass box to improve power handling and SPL. This lead to eliminating the typical port and replacing it with a symmetrically perfect duct system that kept internal pressure evenly distributed on the woofer cone.

We also found cabinet resonance would excite the woofer in negative ways and reducing it improved performance.

Adding a restriction to the duct assembly outlet created a duct that would now resonate across a wider frequency band (like a vero-vent) and that improved power handling again.

Creating a fixed symmetrical duct / baffle assembly that was transmotional allowed the circuit to be optimized for different woofers and tuned in its final destination, the room or car.

The resulting transmotional duct system yields symmetrically even pressures on the speaker cone, hence we call it SCD (Symmetric Compensation Design).

A secret to successful car audio systems is of course your subwoofer, or foundation. Understanding that a car is not a living room, but rather a box is the first step to understanding cabin gain. When you put a box in a car, you are actually putting a box inside a bigger box, thus creating additional orders. Because of this reactive capacitance all around your box, having two 12" woofers openly firing into this situation is usually asking for all kinds of performance variables. This is the reason why one enclosure will sound good in one car, and terrible in another.

We have determined that to minimize these loading problems, and to allow an enclosure to breath freely, it must be consistent with a small box to room ratio of less than 15%. It is also desirable to control the air space in front of the woofer by removing the capacitance created by flexing metal in your trunk. This is why we chose a band pass design to begin with.

There are currently copies of this box being marketed that do not employ SCD technology, are not transmotional, and are not able to be tuned to your choice of subwoofer and car. Needless to say the results are inferior. DECWARE makes the only original Death Box.

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

r u advertising for them?..lol
    personally i feel u cant put every sub on the market in a bandpass
    due to a few reasons...but the ones that can u have to design the box talored to the sub imho

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

if you didn't know, 80 is the man in BP Design.

that is all.

www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs
    Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!
    Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/suppo...ks-thread.html

vetkilr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 80INCHES View Post
    r u advertising for them?..lol
    personally i feel u cant put every sub on the market in a bandpass
    due to a few reasons...but the ones that can u have to design the box talored to the sub imho

So very true.........

refs:Flakko,saywhat,mmata13(sold 1605D amp),nVRuckus(bought fuse blocks), dkguitarist(traded 2 amps),MikeyB(sold MD2),CBFryman2(sold MD2),gundecker (bought 20.1),Sakura (2 Trades),killahbean (bought DMX12),Loud3(Bought Fiberglass Kicks),tb2007(sold diamond amp),iamamp3pimp(bought box's 3 so far /sold 20.1/sold 2 L7s,ZX650.4),chillcat34433(bought 12"RF HX2), ultimate157(sold opti 2000D),bballrrt06(sold opti 2000D),GrnEydDvl(sold kx2500.1),BassAddictJ (sold kx2500.1),pwuthedon(bought Lanzar 4000D)

lostsoul (5.25 mtx comps) Bad once I hooked them up.....................

Closed Thread