Closed Thread

Reload Thread: please tell me i got this right...

jeepintn is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please tell me i got this right...

ok.. so im desingiing two enclosures, identical, to stack one on top of another, tuned to 35hz, to be the box for my "wall" of sorts. each box will house two twelves... could one of the box experts please double check me to make sure i have it right...

demisions: external - 39" wide x 14" tall x 30" deep = 7.731 cubic feet

port tuned to 35hz(i hope)- 12.5" tall x 6.5" wide x 25.25" long

after port and sub displacement... net of 5.704 cubic feet

and one last thing... is that enough port area? im wanting to move lots of air for the "hair trick", i know its silly, i just wanna do it

thanks for the help guys.

jeepintn

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: please tell me i got this right...

bump for ya... help him

thanks for going bigger on the box...

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smd4life View Post
    bump for ya... help him

thanks for going bigger on the box...
    that big enough for ya? haha, its literally as wide and deep as i can go...it will leave 2 inches of height still, but its pretty much as big as i can get

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepintn View Post
    ok.. so im desingiing two enclosures, identical, to stack one on top of another, tuned to 35hz, to be the box for my "wall" of sorts. each box will house two twelves... could one of the box experts please double check me to make sure i have it right...

demisions: external - 39" wide x 14" tall x 30" deep = 7.731 cubic feet

port tuned to 35hz(i hope)- 12.5" tall x 6.5" wide x 25.25" long

after port and sub displacement... net of 5.704 cubic feet

and one last thing... is that enough port area? im wanting to move lots of air for the "hair trick", i know its silly, i just wanna do it

thanks for the help guys.

jeepintn
    i guess u can go bigger
    if u want to do hiar tricks do atleast 100 square inches per box
    r u using 1inch wood for your box

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 80INCHES View Post
    i guess u can go bigger
    if u want to do hiar tricks do atleast 100 square inches per box
    r u using 1inch wood for your box

3/4 inch mdf actually. and at least 100 sq, ok, ill do some quick recalculating.

REFERENCES:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

when i go up to 100 sq, it makes the port too long for the box, and i dont know how to correct that?

REFERENCES:

smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can't bend the port?...and also you can go 40'

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smd4life View Post
    you can't bend the port?...and also you can go 40'
    can go 40'??? u mean wide? and i suspect u mean 40" and not 40' dang... i would rather keep it 39 to make sure it goes, 40 is a tigh squeeze in there... would hate to be off like 1/4" and it not fit FTL

REFERENCES:

Closed Thread