Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Trying to make my 1st box plz help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trying to make my 1st box plz help!!!!

I was planning to pay for the custom box but since I had a little problem with my truck it set me back. So I decided to try to build my own box for two Memphis M3 15,s. the question is how do I know whats good for these subs. I want a box that would be loud and heard from far away, preferably ported but im a newb to this. They have told me about 4 cubes or something like that. space is not an issue because its going into a 2001 suburban, third seat I can remove, just need help planning this box out any help would be appreciated thx

Current System in my 2001 Chevy Surburban
    Big 3(0 gauge)
    Optima yellowtop, optima redtop

Alpine IVA-D310 w/Ipod,Navigation
    Alpine "6 1/2" SPS-170A
    Alpine "6 1/2" SPS-17C2
    Alpine MRP-F240 4/3/2
    Memphis 16-MC2000D "Mojo"
    2 Memphis M3Mojos 15 inch

Iraggi 220A Alternator

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Trying to make my 1st box plz help!!!!

there are recommendations and such on memphis' site from that you can pick something out for the box plan sticky at the top of this forum

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can always go with the sticky like mentioned previewsly, but if you want the most out of them sub have someone design an enclosure for you.
    as far as loud goes on a suburban, you will be heard from far away.
    i put 4 15" planet audio in one of them in a sealed enclosure runing off of a pair of vx2200d planet audio amps and that thing could be heard blocks away.
    im sure them memphis in the right ported enclosure with a nice size amp to push them will give you all the bass youll need and more. so please dont just guess on the enclosure volume and tuning, get with some of the top enclosure designers on this forum, im sure theyll get you the kind of bass youre looking for.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can design you a box for those subs, I've actually already made two for other people (one on here, one at my school). The 15s flat out pound for the dinero.

Closed Thread