Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First box & sub

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First box & sub

Just finished my first box, used one of Moe Lester's plans for a 2 cube tuned @ 35hz. I'm using a 12" Memphis Power Reference sub with 270 watts of power from my amp. I think everything turned out pretty good considering it was my first system I did on my own. Total I got about $600 bucks in it which includes 4 3.5" MB Quarts, Alpine Type R 6x9"s for my doors and a 12" Memphis sub and all the other smaller stuff, aka wiring, box material and so on. The doors and sub are running off a 4 channel U.S. amps I/S 4085. Only thing I gotta do now is either carpet or vinyl the box. Here's the box and sub.

So how did I do? It gets freaking loud I know that much, at least loud enough for my taste. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: First box & sub

Nicely done. Nice box. Only thing is carpet it and clean up those wires a little bit, if you like.
    And vids?

2000 Contour SVT
    Kenwood KDC-MP632U
    speakers- PG RSD 6CS
    front amp- Kenwood KAC-PS150
    sub- .......
    amp- hifonics1606d

Refs- Prowler573,awahl63, iamaw30, pboulos, unbonyr, trevor87 (no money involved, just sent a fuse to him).

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

box looks darn good my brother

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

kpozr2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice work!

REFS: Worlddre(bought kx200.2) mattyg2310 (made box) xluben(made box) ssj2xxgotenxx, Trell, j1b1e1,speedyg76, robertspangler (trade),Integra2468 (trade), lilmaniac2 (trade), perry22131 (trade), FurbiesAndBeans (trade)

THUNDERBIRD is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks good. is that one of those new toyota FJ crusiers? and clean the wiring up and it will be good

94' thunderbird *parked*<
    4.6 V8 with a shift kit
    clarion dxz 645mp clarion sirius tuner
    ED 6000v.2- front jbl 5.25 comps- rear
    dynamated and edeaded trunk lid, rear deck, front doors
    Big 3 in green of course
    viper 791xv w/ battery backup
    3 jl 10w0
    2000 ford ranger supercab 3.0v6 4x4
    stock hu
    alpine mrp-m350
    2 9kv.3's
    clifford matrix rsx 50.5x
    spring time getting clarion MAX675VDII and front components possibly jbl's again

twofoolish2b is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it's the new 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. The stock system, even though it was the premium one ******. Couldn't even hardle hear it with the windows down at 65mph. The magnets on the door 6x9"s were smaller then the 3.5" magnets in the dash and rear pillars, about the size of a quarter in diameter. I kept the stock head unit which has a built in 6 disk changer, I believe it's made by Eclipse but just branded with the Toyota logo. Coming from a Tahoe with a bose system in it to the FJ Cruiser's system there was a downgrade in sound so I had to make a change. I'm happy with the new system, will be cleaning up the wiring once I get the box covered. Other then the stereo system the FJ Cruiser rocks.

phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats a Power reference 12 huh? I was lookin into getting those. Im currently running 2 2005 model M-Class 12s... i was thinkin bout getting 4 PR 12s... Hows the SQ on those subs? do they punch or rumble? I like punchy subs... for stuff like bass drums and techno. Just trying to see if my decision to make a ported box would be in my best interests. Im accustomed to sealed boxes, but i think its time to experience other boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

Closed Thread