View Poll Results: What would be louder or sound better in my truck?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Two R's 3.8 each @ 37hz on 2000RMS 88^2 port

6 33.33%
  • Three R's 2.6 each @ 37hz on 2000RMS 88in port

12 66.67%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: HELP! Advice for my Type-R in 7.8Ft!!

amartin_72 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP! Advice for my Type-R in 7.8Ft!!

Okay I built this box and amp rack before I purchased my truck.

It is 7.8ft NET with 88in of port area, tuned to 37hz.
    I currently only have one Dual 4ohm Type R but I have it on my Pa3000db thats rated at about 2000watts RMS at .66ohm. I have dual batteries and DOUBLE zero guage power and BIG 3.
    My problem is:
    It is extremley loud for one 12 i **** you not. lil jon is just as loud as my friends two 15" L7's on an Orion 2500d with stock electrical in a jeep.
    I have sound deadening. he has nothing.
    I am just wondering wethere you guys think i should put ONE OR TWO SUBS IN THERE.
    IF I JUST GOT 1 MORE I AM PRETTY SURE IT WOULD BE LOUDER THAN HAVING 3- WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    I know tmy amp could do .66ohm NOMINAL before impedance rise... But would it be louder than two in 3.8ft each tuned to 37 or 2.6 each with 3???
    IS it worth 130 per sub?

TWO RS OR THREE???vote now!

AndyB is offline 1/4 of "****** Popsicle"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: HELP! Advice for my Type-R in 7.8Ft!!

Thats a big ****ing box.

"I only know thats a black lady cuz theres pubes on her head too" - vosschs
    "That's what you get for owning more than one piece of ****." - Mountaineer Man
    "Power output on a red @ 14.4 v wired down to .5 ohm?" - 404
    "Their", "they're", and "there" are
    three different words that have three
    different meanings, and three different
    situations that you can use them correctly in.
    sold to: godzukiduce

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i thought you already had the other two subs i say do it and test it out whats the worst that can happen

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

mikeyboc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All 3 in that ****er! You can always take one out and sell it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right , ill convince this kid to let me use his R's
    I built him a box (2.5 each at 34hz ) for his camry to replace his prefab 1.25each at 40hz box(which is for sale-could be a good box for 8's or 10's) for 50$ ill make him let me borrow his subs for a day

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FYI i have the sub holes blocked off now , and sealed up, but with one of them out - tuned to like 70hz, it is LOUD AT 70HZ HOLY ****. But i have it sealed up so 1 in 7.8ft at 37hz.

and the first 20 mins i ever had it hooked up the cops were at my house i didnt even realize the neighbors could hear this 1 12 from over a mile away. I want to get it metered haha.

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amartin_72
    FYI i have the sub holes blocked off now , and sealed up, but with one of them out - tuned to like 70hz, it is LOUD AT 70HZ HOLY ****. But i have it sealed up so 1 in 7.8ft at 37hz.

and the first 20 mins i ever had it hooked up the cops were at my house i didnt even realize the neighbors could hear this 1 12 from over a mile away. I want to get it metered haha.

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

hoodkid is offline Got bang?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

type r boners are still around?

References

Showrides (Bought an MD2) , Strong*I*bumpin (Bought some 6x9's), Flakko, NMBR1SPT (Sold Us Amps MD2 to), keefey248 ( Traded Amps twice), 15nissen (Bought Type R off him), cgraz1187 (Bought my Alpine Amp) pboulos (Bought my American Bass XD1800) kylec (Bought Orion 2500d from him) MK3XXX (Traded Amps for a KX2500.1)(
    New Setup:
    (2) Kicker CVX 15's, (1) Kicker KX2500.1 (1) PG RSD 6.5 Components (1) Set PG RSD 6x9's (1) Crunch 1400.4 Amp (1) Kicker 0/1 hyperFlex Wire (1) 200 Amp Alternator (1) Yellow Top (1) Pioneer 6800 (1) 6.5^ @ 34hz
    ......Coming Soon

tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Holy huge box batman.

Definitely use all three subs in that box. 8 cubes is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much airspace for a pair of 12's

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if u have 1 12 in 7.8cubes with 88square inches of port its not going to be tuned to 37hz..if its tuned to 37hz with 3 of them in there chances are when u use 1 sub the tuning is going to be lower.....thats if u have seperate chambers..which i doubt

over a mile...lol yea right..could it be they was down the block or near by ...lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BS flag on me! No way, I know what your thinking and i didnt realize how you guys would take it but heres what happened.

I had the neightbors to the left of my house, in the country, already pissed off frm my friends 15" L7's (pair on a 2500d). She politley came over last summer and asked us to keep it down and claimed it scared her horses. So when I had gotten my Type-R in, I hooked up my PA3000DB for the first time and didnt want to **** off the neighbor to the left of me again so i decided to get farther away from their house and drive down the road. Im sitting on a really really slow(<15 cars per day) country road and I was seeing what this think maxes out at for about 25 mins thinking no one culd possbly hear it. The truck was completely unregistered and uninsured. So i return home and im in my driveway which is long and has a slight curve and i noticed a car turn around in my driveway at about 8PM and my parnts arrived home at about 830 and asked me why there were two cops on the road talking to eachtoehr im like i have no idea. So my compltely psychotic step mom calls the cops and asks why cops were outside our house if we were in danger and they say they were looking for a LOUD WHITE DIESEL TRUCK and then they looked at me and *** soon as they got of the phone. SO AARON, WERE YOU PLAYIN THAT ****IN STEREO OF YOURS A LITTLE LOUD HUH? They said that there was a complaint about 20 mins ago and the cops noticed the house down the road in the direction the neighbor seen my truck heading had the garage door open but they didnt see my truck cuz our driveway is curved and goes through the woods. The only neightbors on that side of me are at the end of our road at an intersecton and it is OVER 1 mile from my house to theirs and i only went a few hunderd feet down the road from my house when i was playing it.

so eat my *** if you dont believe me. Maybe some time ill take pics of my driveway and the neigtbors house or soemthing. Its LOUD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And this was with my windows down... if that matters. both of them- its louder, oh and even the sliding rear window im not even joking i really wanted to see how loud this thing can be, I was playing young jeezy, lil jon and late nite tip. They all have some crazy bass lines.

jujumantb is offline Duke of Earl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodkid
    type r boners are still around?
    the type r is a good sub, quit trying to act cool.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well Im sorry if you guys dont beleive the one mile part, but think of it this way do you think a TCAB box could be heard 1 mile away with the windows down with 1200wRMS on tap from the PA3000Db? I think so easily..he would hit about 143 in my truck EASILY and that can certianly be heard more than a mile away. So at what point does a person even try to compete with him with their own box building? I estimate I have now built over 200 Boxes of some sort wether HT or Cars. I still have 250$ coming for a box I just made for two R's. IDk **** my balls if you dont belive me i know how to build a box its loud eat ****.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast