Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First attempt to design a box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

First attempt to design a box.

Here's what I got. 3.0 cu with MDF factored in. Havent factored port displacement becuase I dont even know if this design will work. Sorry for the ghetto pics, but the idea is there...

I have a few questions...

1) Will this box even work with the placement of the port and such?
    2) If this does indeed work...where is the best place to put to port relevent to the sub?(i.e directly underneath, in the middle, far left..?)
    3) is it possible to build this same design, but slot ported instead of a PVC port?

The reason for being so wide is to take up the entire width of the back of my trunk, plus act as an amp rack.

This will be the home for my new 06 12" l7. I put it in my old box which is 2.15 cf tuned to 32hz and I'm not feelin all the hype I see around here. Which is why I plan to go big and tune high.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: First attempt to design a box.

WTF. imageshack hacked my pictures to ****....lol Oh well the specs are 14"tall 35" wide 18"depth the front peice would be 8"high...

mobilesndfx is offline 20 Year DIY Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With just 1 sub and an 18" depth, I would go bandpass.

Alpine CDA 9835 - Alpine CHA S634 - Audio Control EPIC 160 - MB Quart RCE 216 - MB Quart RCE 269 - (3) JL Audio 10w3v2 - JL Audio 500/1 - JL Audio 300/4 - Streetwires

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

the deminsions dont have to be exactly that..but that's what I came up with just off the top of my head...This would be my first build and I dont know that I would be capable of making a bandpass. But if you have some example plans, I'd be willing to give it a try if that'd be the best way to go... Thanks for the reply.

Closed Thread