Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box plan for Kicker L5

jrr323 is offline Car Audio God

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box plan for Kicker L5

can someone do me a favor and build a box plan for 1 12" kicker L5. im not good with plans so can some one help me out. i would like the box to be 2 cu. ft. and tune to 32HZ
    any help apreciated.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Box plan for Kicker L5

anyone?

mobilesndfx is offline 20 Year DIY Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You cant just pick a box size and tuning frequency out of thin air. A 2 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz, might work, I dont know, I can run it through some software if you want me to, but your best bet is to go with the plans in your Kicker manual. Theres plans for a 1.75 cu. ft. box in there.

Alpine CDA 9835 - Alpine CHA S634 - Audio Control EPIC 160 - MB Quart RCE 216 - MB Quart RCE 269 - (3) JL Audio 10w3v2 - JL Audio 500/1 - JL Audio 300/4 - Streetwires

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mobilesndfx
    You cant just pick a box size and tuning frequency out of thin air. A 2 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz, might work, I dont know, I can run it through some software if you want me to, but your best bet is to go with the plans in your Kicker manual. Theres plans for a 1.75 cu. ft. box in there.
    yeah there is a plan but i want it a little bit bigger. i got the idea of 2cu ft. @ 32Hz from the box plan it the forum. i was wondering if i could use the same plan but make the hole square instead of circle to fit the kicker, but will it be the same? yeah i would apreciate it if you run it threw the software.

jeepintn is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, it should work the same

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

mobilesndfx is offline 20 Year DIY Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes, if you saw those plans and your just wondering square versus circle, theres not going to be much if any difference. The only difference might be driver volume and if theres any, it isnt enough to worry about. Go with what you saw. I use BassBox Pro software, if you want more detailed specs on your box, Ill run it for you, but if you already know it works, dont worry about it, go for it!

Alpine CDA 9835 - Alpine CHA S634 - Audio Control EPIC 160 - MB Quart RCE 216 - MB Quart RCE 269 - (3) JL Audio 10w3v2 - JL Audio 500/1 - JL Audio 300/4 - Streetwires

Closed Thread