Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Two 15" In trunk, trying to convince my friend to replace his 2 sealed with 1 ported

amartin_72 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two 15" In trunk, trying to convince my friend to replace his 2 sealed with 1 ported

My friend currently has 2 newer sealed kicker CVR's in a 5 ft sealed box.
    He never really likes to play his system that loud, but he does like the sealed edge on SQ. For power he had kenwoods biggest amp shich claimed CEA 1100RMS at 1 ohm but hes never sending them more thatn 4-500

My plan is to offer him giving me one sub and building him a 4.8ft box with 2 6 inch areo ports for his trunk. He had dynamat and 4 guage Big 3.

What do you guys think? Will he be impressed do you think? My last box i sold turned out awesome, much louder than the previous box they had for 2 R's. I hav also built probabl 25 other boxes for mine and other setups.

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Two 15" In trunk, trying to convince my friend to replace his 2 sealed with 1 por

Quote Originally Posted by amartin_72
    My friend currently has 2 newer sealed kicker CVR's in a 5 ft sealed box.
    He never really likes to play his system that loud, but he does like the sealed edge on SQ. For power he had kenwoods biggest amp shich claimed CEA 1100RMS at 1 ohm but hes never sending them more thatn 4-500

My plan is to offer him giving me one sub and building him a 4.5ft box with a 12" areo port for his trunk. He had dynamat and 4 guage Big 3.

What do you guys think? Will he be impressed do you think? My last box i sold turned out awesome, much louder than the previous box they had for 2 R's. I hav also built probabl 25 other boxes for mine and other setups.
    it would be impossible to doa 12" aeroport in that small of a box, do you know how long it would be to get tuning to aroud 30-40hz with that much port area?

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

amartin_72 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Two 15" In trunk, trying to convince my friend to replace his 2 sealed with 1 ported

I know i changed my extreme loud box plan to dual 6's flared in a 5ft box at 34hz and i truly think that higher tuning helps rock and real non synthetic music sound better.

lebomb is offline Son Of Thunder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Two 15" In trunk, trying to convince my friend to replace his 2 sealed with 1 ported

From what it sounds like........he likes SQ more and will probably be horrified by the loudness and overhanging BOOM of the ported box. JMHO

2004 Accord EX
    OEM Headunit w/ XM Radio
    6 Disk In-Dash Changer
    Stock Neodymium Speakers
    JL12w1.v2
    Alpine sub amp
    RF and Stinger Wires

Son Of Thunder

Closed Thread