Closed Thread

Reload Thread: port placement

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

port placement

i am building an aeroport box (i never used aeroports) for my 12w7. my design works out better having the sub face out of the trunk, and the port facing the drivers side wall. is there a certain amount of clearance that i need between the trunk wall and the port exit?

and i know this has been asked before but kill 2 birds with one stone... the port length given on psp-inc.com with 2 ports is the total port length right?

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

heyman421 is offline Veteran Camel Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: port placement

i think it's just a port-width distance

but i would say 2 or 3 inches, i doubt you need it further away if it's a wider port???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wider port would me a longer port, so that would make the width longer and i don't have much more width to go. but i have like 5ish inches on the side to that should work with the 2 4" ports

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes...keep it no more than the port's width away...just like inside the box.

as for the length Q,...if your getting precision ports, they come with a formula to cut the tube section. really you find the port length and subtract 5" because each flare is 2.5". if you want divide the box by the number of ports and type that in...the result will be for each port for sure then.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hrmm, is one 4" port going to be enough for a 12w7?

refs...

Closed Thread