Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help first time box builder 2 10" L7"s

kickerfan is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need help first time box builder 2 10" L7"s

hey guys im puting together a new system for my car . iam down to the very last few things i need to acomplish they are dynamating my trunk and trunk lid and building my box for my subs they are 10" kicker L7"S they are the 2 ohm version powered be an alpine mrd-m1005 amp. my question is should i got ported or sealed i know it depends on the type of music i listen to which is mostly rap/hip hop also depends on the type of bass i want -which would be real hard hitting bass which type of box is best for me? . also can you guys send me a link or plans for a box that will work great with these subs ,ive heard its better to build your own box? can you guys give me some ideas on how to do this also on the proper cubic feet it should be internal size wise? any help would be highly appreciated guys im trying tio build the best box or buy the best box to get the most out of my subs 1 last hing if you have had experience with these L7's befor what size is the best size box for them room isnt really an issue? if any one has plans as far as box building plans can you please post them as far as what size all the panels need to be -thanks in advance- Rich

yne721 is offline SWINE FLU!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need help first time box builder 2 10" L7"s

Quote Originally Posted by kickerfan
    hey guys im puting together a new system for my car . iam down to the very last few things i need to acomplish they are dynamating my trunk and trunk lid and building my box for my subs they are 10" kicker L7"S they are the 2 ohm version powered be an alpine mrd-m1005 amp. my question is should i got ported or sealed i know it depends on the type of music i listen to which is mostly rap/hip hop also depends on the type of bass i want -which would be real hard hitting bass which type of box is best for me? . also can you guys send me a link or plans for a box that will work great with these subs ,ive heard its better to build your own box? can you guys give me some ideas on how to do this also on the proper cubic feet it should be internal size wise? any help would be highly appreciated guys im trying tio build the best box or buy the best box to get the most out of my subs 1 last hing if you have had experience with these L7's befor what size is the best size box for them room isnt really an issue? if any one has plans as far as box building plans can you please post them as far as what size all the panels need to be -thanks in advance- Rich
    ported.

can't help you with plans maybe someone else will

Давайте познакомимся

kpozr2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've had both ported and sealed with my 10" L7's. first i had them sealed with about .75cu per chamber, and they got pretty low, but output was so-so. then i built a ported box with this plan-http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?im...z36sqin5xd.png and changed the ports from 1.5" wide to 3" wide, and the tuning from 33hz up to 37 or 38hz. somewhere in between i still havent figured it out exactly. i talked to pole cat and he said 38hz and let em wang, so i went and did it. let me tell you if you want to get the most out of these 10" PORT EM'!

REFS: Worlddre(bought kx200.2) mattyg2310 (made box) xluben(made box) ssj2xxgotenxx, Trell, j1b1e1,speedyg76, robertspangler (trade),Integra2468 (trade), lilmaniac2 (trade), perry22131 (trade), FurbiesAndBeans (trade)

kickerfan is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha thanks for the reply man i appreciate it i will deffinetlley be looking at these dimensions you posted but since the plans are for round subs do i have to change any of the dimensions to incorporate my square L7's?

Closed Thread