Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AA Arsenal 10's and sealed box

Well My girlfriend ordered two 10" Ascendant Audio Arsenals and I am going to build her a sealed box for her Kia Sportage so she has a little room in the back for when she goes shopping or we go camping.

Hopefully the subs will be here by Friday,but I wouldl like to get the box built and out of the way.

First and foremost does anyone know the Front Mount Displacement of a Ascendant Arsenal 10 is in ft^3 or a math formula to find the front mount displacement in ft^3?

Second,what size sealed box do the Arsenal 10's really like?Ascendant Audio recommends 0.7ft^3 per Arsenal 10 but is that before or after the subwoofers mounting displacement?

She will be using my old POS Profile CA600M wired for a 2 ohm load to produce 420w RMS if any of that helps.

One last thing,I will be bilding one box to house the subwoofers in,should I give each sub it's own chamber or will the y be ok in a single chambered enclosure?

My System So Far

HU = Sony CDX-M630

Front Stage = Stock 3.5"

Rear Stage = None

Subs = 2 Alpine Type R's

Sub Amp = Power Acoustik A2400DB wired to 1 ohm

Sub Box = 4ft^ ported at 35Hz
    1991 Dodge Stealth with stock 90amp alt. and no Big 3.
    Gets twice as loud as the olds cutlass cierra!

SQBubble is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: AA Arsenal 10's and sealed box

Quote Originally Posted by Phreaker
    Well My girlfriend ordered two 10" Ascendant Audio Arsenals and I am going to build her a sealed box for her Kia Sportage so she has a little room in the back for when she goes shopping or we go camping.

Hopefully the subs will be here by Friday,but I wouldl like to get the box built and out of the way.

First and foremost does anyone know the Front Mount Displacement of a Ascendant Arsenal 10 is in ft^3 or a math formula to find the front mount displacement in ft^3?

Second,what size sealed box do the Arsenal 10's really like?Ascendant Audio recommends 0.7ft^3 per Arsenal 10 but is that before or after the subwoofers mounting displacement?

She will be using my old POS Profile CA600M wired for a 2 ohm load to produce 420w RMS if any of that helps.

One last thing,I will be bilding one box to house the subwoofers in,should I give each sub it's own chamber or will the y be ok in a single chambered enclosure?
    first! u mean the woofer displacement? (motor and basket) its about 0.15cu.ft

second, id say go with recommended for sealed... 0.7cu.ft after woofer's displacement. just make it about ~1cu.ft the whole INTERNAL volume(dont calculate w/MDF thickness) and u should be good

power should be ok, but i think itll be starving for more since its in a sealed box, but should be good enough for a girl! loll...

each sub its own chamber, its better, but make sure its exact same size the 2chambers

good luck man

SQBubble is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: AA Arsenal 10's and sealed box

make it 12"x12"x12"