Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Chambered vs not chambered

Mike516882 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chambered vs not chambered

i have two 10w6v2's in a sealed non chambered box and i was wondering if it would be louder if i chambered them. I have an orion 1200D and my brother has a 500/1 and to tell you the truth the 500/1 was louder than my 1200D. I dont understand this at all. The 1200D was not as loud in his car (98 grand cherokee) and i have a 94 Wrangler with a hardtop. I have an alpine 9830 headunit and he has a stock headunit. the subs were just overall louder in my car than in his. is it becasue of the headunit. thats the only thing i could think of. Well i just mainly am concerned about the sound of chambered vs not. Of and in his car at a certain volume the subs made like a popping sound and it was only at that volume. i thinks the rcas have to be f'd up or something. and it never made that noise in my car...i have 0 gauge he has 4 and i have a headunit he doesnt. so really i just dont know~!

-2000 CTD Ram 2500
    -12W3v3- Ported to 38HTZ
    -Alpine MRP-850
    -Alpine 9884 Headunit

Ref: Mikescanlon, Megalomaniac, EMPIRE2000E2K

PhatTonyDeMarco is offline C0CK,its whats for dinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chambered vs not chambered

No, if the airspace remains the same then the drivers will perform the same regardless of a common chamber or seperate chambers. The only difference in a seperate chamber enclosure is that if one sub happens to blow, then you can still play the other sub without worry of damaging it (in seperate chambered that is.) Other than that, they are the same box. Nothing will change to the ear.

talon2nr7588 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chambered vs not chambered

seperate chambers help prevent cancellation and if one of the subs were to blow you could still play the other one without affecting any air because of the blown sub

Closed Thread