Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ported box help for two L5s

aaron7114 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ported box help for two L5s

Ok I can't decide on whether to build a sealed box or ported box for my L5s that I will soon be getting. I was just going to do a sealed box but then everyone said a ported box with the L5s is a heck of a lot louder. I have a 94 honda accord, its a good size trunk but not just huge. Right now I have two boxes in there that are around 4 cu ft each. But I have absolutely no more room.

So what size box would you recommend? It will prolly be two separate boxes for each L5, since it would be prolly impossible to fit 1 big box in at a time I will have to put them in separate.

One other thing what do you recommend I tune it to? I listen to mostly rap/hip hop.

800 RMS will be going to each L5.

btw I have never built a ported box before so I dont really know much about it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could make me a box. Not literally but like give me the dimensions and everything for the best size box tuned for good SPL for rap/hiphop. I could give you the dimensions of my trunk. I really dont know where to start. I've looked at the diagrams and read the tutorials but still im pretty lost. I've only delt with sealed boxes.

Thanks.
    Last edited by aaron7114; 05-30-2006 at 12:55 AM.

Closed Thread