Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What ported box for w6

bassaholic is offline Whats Jl stands for??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What ported box for w6

Ok currently i gotta 12w6v2 in a ported box it sounds ok but i want to build over another box cause i made the box out of plywood and a installer said that it will sound better in a mdf box wat i wanna know is should i build over the ported box by jl spec or can i try a bigger lower tuned box i was looking at 2.0 @ 30hz, right now mine is 1.5 @ 32 (jl spec).

rippinitup7 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What ported box for w6

my experience with jl subs is they need a little bigger box than what the specs call for. if it was mine i would give it about 2 cu. ft. and keep the tuning around 30-35hz depending on your music preference and what not. hell, just going from plywood to mdf is going to make a huge difference.

-04' ram 1500 quad cab short bed.
    -98' grand cherokee laredo.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply any other input thinking about starting the box today

Colt9699 is offline Rockstar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually I read somewhere that plywood is actually the best material for resonance just not very strong or durable.

I wanna go to where the women are easy and the drugs are cheap, and we all stay skinny cuz we just won't eat!!

Refs:
    Silverbomber006(seller)BigWheel15(Buyer) Fordman (Seller) HelloMota(Buyer)Belunt(buyer)Tapout(buyer)
    Bushtree(seller)drpdmazda(seller)Allenzo(seller)22 Mountaieer(buyer)
    Prowler573(seller)Arron7114(buyer)
    dleccord x2(buyer)poundindak69(buyer) tez4life(buyer)Maroj248(seller)Hemi=22s(seller)Ksk itka x2(seller)Revrider1 (seller)RyanM923(seller)Duke(buyer) 60nDown (He Is Da Man!!)

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well if you havent started the box.
    i will like to add that a 2.5 cu ft @ 26Hz, port H=12 x W=3 x L=52.21, it should give you a nice flat freq resonce with crazy low end bass,
    the internal volume given above is after port, sub and brace displacement.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I aint start yet but i look at the specs of that box i like it but it is too big wide and deep to get in the trunk lid of my nissan sentra sedan but i was lookin at moe lesters box plans and the 2.1 @ 28 wud fit perfectly in and the responce is close to the 2.5 @ 26 box in win isd .

Jesse98 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i biult a box for a customer for 2 JL13W6 V2 subs after port displacment it was 2.5cuft each chamber and the port was like 1.75"X15"X27" and it totally slammed he was pushing them with a single JL 500.1 only problem was at like 145db the Alpine Hu would start skipping, so we are making a custom console to mount the hu in to try to eliminate the skips so he can compete (this was in a Geo Tracker so that kind of bass made the car rattle very very bad was why we are having the hu problem) and yea the box was 3/4" MDF then we resined the entire inside of teh box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bassaholic
    I aint start yet but i look at the specs of that box i like it but it is too big wide and deep to get in the trunk lid of my nissan sentra sedan but i was lookin at moe lesters box plans and the 2.1 @ 28 wud fit perfectly in and the responce is close to the 2.5 @ 26 box in win isd .
    what are your maximum dimensions you can fit trugh your trunk?

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The maximum dimensions that can fit tru the lid is 39" width,13" depth, 15" hieght

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

right now that comes up to a 3.3cuftinternal displacement, after port and driver displacemants you end up with 1.99 cu ft, port= H=13.5 W=2.5 L=48.84= 1.2 cu ft tuned to 30Hz

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

Closed Thread