FiberGlass Amp Rack
Ive been looking into this and this is what I know:
1. Build a skeleton out of wood for your design
2. Sand edges and corners of skeleton for smoothness of 'glass
3. Stretch Fleece (polarfleece fabric????) over the skeleton, stapeling it as you go.
4. Brush a coat of resin/hardener mixture on the fleece. Wait a day or so.
5. Brush a wet layer of resin mixture and apply fiberglass mat onto the resin and coat
the mat with resin.
6. repeat step 5; 3 or 4 times.
7. Sand the crap out of it, using bondo to fill in holes.
8. Primer then paint, wet sand, and paint again.
I need to know if this is a correct procedure, all the sites Ive found on fiberglassing dont have very much information on building on fleece.
1994 Probe SE
HU: Alpine 7893
Front Stage: JL XR 6.5" CSI
Rear: Who Cares....
Speaker Amp: JBL 180.2
Sub Amp: Avionixx 500m
Sub: Elemental 12O.44 getting 500+ watts
EQ: Audio Control
80 Sq feet of deadener