Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: check my box plan...

  1. #1
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    check my box plan...

    all right i came up with this in bbp and i would like someone else to double check it. i want a 4 cube box net, tuned to 35 hz. using 2 4" areo ports. i did not factor in driver displacement yet, since bbp won't let me for some reason i will do that but for now, my internal dimensions are 34.5" by 15.5" by 13.5" with 2 4" areo ports that are 11.25" long. when i run the areo's on another calculator, i come up with they need to be 11.75" long. also is it a good idea or not to run the areo ports through the 6x9 holes in my rear deck and have the sub fire towards the rear?







  2. #2
    j3bus2k3's Avatar
    j3bus2k3 is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum



    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    For driver displacment, click "Interior" then next to driver mounting, hit lock and enter the value manually...



    AIM: SPL Performance1
    /////Alpine 9835
    Active Processing via Coustic XM7
    Dayton 7" Mid-woofer with Seas Neo Tweet
    JBL/Crown 1100 & Power 300.4
    12" TC3000 Based Custom in 2.25ft^3 at 32hz

    Wallet say But I say


    References:Moe Lester, PV Audio, sss18734, DJ-Torn, dleccord, jiggy2dmax, Negativezeroz, Bama350z, TeamPSI, dB Dom, Kenny Pollock, Flossinon24s, Patfitz9 (x2), AppleBonker, BassAddictJ, the727kid, skadude016, CaliKid, Thumper88, Djman37, TeamQuakeCelica, Cerob, Pimpedout97x, Troy_Audi0, got_focus?, Karleon, Jamaica2G, rtillare, dumple, JohnnyBusa, mattmcss, whitem1ke88, nineball

  3. #3
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    Quote Originally Posted by j3bus2k3
    For driver displacment, click "Interior" then next to driver mounting, hit lock and enter the value manually...

    sweet got it. it bump the one side up to a tad above 14"




  4. #4
    tRiGgEr's Avatar
    tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    Box = 4.02ft^3
    Ports = 11" long
    Tuned to 34.8hz - same thing as 35

    Driver displacement will decrease net volume and increase tunning.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

  5. #5
    2loud4u's Avatar
    2loud4u is offline Nothing to see here



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    canada
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    also is it a good idea or not to run the areo ports through the 6x9 holes in my rear deck and have the sub fire towards the rear?

    Good question.




    Refs
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=20692
    Refs on Ca.com
    HCCafan bought 2500d
    Toby his boy bought p6.2's
    dkguitarist sold kodak c330 digital camera.
    photocrazy8 bought stinger terminals.
    XsabesX sold PS3
    XsabesX Bought x890

    Aim demon505hp

    Rob Fox aka KNGOFTHEPKNGLOT=SCAMMER
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160382

  6. #6
    3onDubs's Avatar
    3onDubs is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, Ca
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    Not a good idea....baffle seperation means that the ports won't work as they are supposed to ....even with rear firing ports, the faceplate should always be in the same airspace (but im just a noob...so take that with a grain of salt).




  7. #7
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    Quote Originally Posted by 3onDubs
    Not a good idea....baffle seperation means that the ports won't work as they are supposed to ....even with rear firing ports, the faceplate should always be in the same airspace (but im just a noob...so take that with a grain of salt).

    idk what you are trying to say




  8. #8
    bimma85's Avatar
    bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    9,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    all right i came up with this in bbp and i would like someone else to double check it. i want a 4 cube box net, tuned to 35 hz. using 2 4" areo ports. i did not factor in driver displacement yet, since bbp won't let me for some reason i will do that but for now, my internal dimensions are 34.5" by 15.5" by 13.5" with 2 4" areo ports that are 11.25" long. when i run the areo's on another calculator, i come up with they need to be 11.75" long. also is it a good idea or not to run the areo ports through the 6x9 holes in my rear deck and have the sub fire towards the rear?
    That box is 4 cubes net before the port(after a decent sized sub). Don't think the ports will take up that much, not sure how much it will effect tunning either.
    What you running? Gotta be a beast if you want even more output that your previous setups.
    Oh and go with a single 7" port



    REFS:JimJ, DBfan187, jimj, ology audio, excelerater, private pastry, kenny pollock, priosonnumber6, johnnyber, mattmmcs, vosschs, lax916, davidfre21, iceteebone, cd6551, vladd and others that I cant remember off the top of my head

    Quote Originally Posted by snb778
    I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes.
    Does this happen a lot to any of you??
    Also if you have had the twix ice cream......isnt it amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleNTheTrunk
    damn. 8 10"s?........80" of cone area FTW!

  9. #9
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: check my box plan...

    figured i'd give an sx a try. if it doesn't work out these people gobble up re on this forum, like a virgin picking up a hooker




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone check my box specs for solo x 12....
    By Perdonic in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 01:34 AM
  2. My sealed box story, and ... thanks to everyone
    By JettaGLI in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
  3. Box for RE XXX?
    By ls1pimp in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 01:31 PM
  4. check my box please
    By buster82284 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 11:45 PM
  5. box plan help
    By Primo in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum