Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First port help

Tayta_Mayne is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First port help

This will be my first time building a ported box. If you use just one port for two subs what are the down sides? Also Moe, can I stick 2 subs in any of your boxes from your box plan thread?

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: First port help

Quote Originally Posted by Tayta_Mayne
    This will be my first time building a ported box. If you use just one port for two subs what are the down sides?
    there is no down side as far as sound goes, you just have to make sure the port area is great enogh to stay away from port noise. depending on the kind of sub and specs for a 12" sub, you want at least 2-4" diameter port.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No you don't want at least a 2-4 inch diameter port. You want a port with the required surface area. That's it.

No down side using one port. Actualy makes it easy. And you can add two drivers to the box plans as long as the internal volume and port surface area are great enough for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tRiGgEr
    No you don't want at least a 2-4 inch diameter port. You want a port with the required surface area. That's it.

No down side using one port. Actualy makes it easy. And you can add two drivers to the box plans as long as the internal volume and port surface area are great enough for both.

like is saied port area has to be great enogh "to keep port noise to a minimum or not at all"! too much port area will allow a sub to bottom out.

the 2- 4" port diameter is usualy the smallest you want to go with a single 12" driver, some requier more than two 4" ports per driver.

he didnt specify what sub his using so thats why i stated the 2 ports at 4" in diameter as a minimum per sub.

the down:
    going with a single 4" diameter port will most likely cause at a particular power level and frequency port noise.

it realy needs to be calculated knowing the t/s parameters of the sub. enclosure volume and tuning frequency.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Closed Thread