Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97

Reload Thread: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

  1. #1
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    run down:
    5 cubes @ 32 hz/ Dual chamber / 2.5 each chamber / 4" x 11" ports

    The Future:

    This box will a slight challenge for me being that this is a slanted box. It will involve cutting angled edges, which I am not a fan off, but I'm up for the challenge. also, I think the design looks nice.

    So far, i've almost got all the pieces cut. I just need two sides to cut.

    Here's some pieces cut:
    and some ghostly blurr on the left trying to get at my supplies.

    Face piece w/ the sub cutout and port cutout. Pretty snug fit for the ports. A little clear silicone will make it air-tight.

    Some supplies and hardware that'll be used for this project. 2 more bar clamps then my last project. clear GE window/door silicone recommended by PV audio, i think. GALLON of titebond II ! hell yeah.

    Look what came about after cutting the port cutout:


    This what i have done so far. I will continue tomorrow morning and have updates by the afternoon. to be continued... same bat-thread, same bat-channel, same bat-time, same bat-dog?
    Last edited by James Bang; 04-17-2006 at 12:37 AM.







  2. #2
    hofulstrof's Avatar
    hofulstrof is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    that should yeild some impressive results




  3. #3
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    I sure hope so.

    edit: whoops I posted the wrong 3D design...




  4. #4
    JAZN's Avatar
    JAZN is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SoCAL
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Getting your little box building business going there James?




  5. #5
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZN
    Getting your little box building business going there James?
    somewhat... I really need the extra funds to compensate for all the extra audio equip i have laying around. I buy too much. Credit is the devil I tell ya. What makes it even harder is that I'm solo. But then again, I can't see anybody helping me. I like things MY WAY.

    My bro called me one day and said, "man, you should've called me, I wanted to come over and help build that box." He's always wanted to build a box but never has. And I thought... there's nothing I probably would let him do.




  6. #6
    JAZN's Avatar
    JAZN is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SoCAL
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Quote Originally Posted by James Bang
    somewhat... I really need the extra funds to compensate for all the extra audio equip i have laying around. I buy too much. Credit is the devil I tell ya. What makes it even harder is that I'm solo. But then again, I can't see anybody helping me. I like things MY WAY.

    My bro called me one day and said, "man, you should've called me, I wanted to come over and help build that box." He's always wanted to build a box but never has. And I thought... there's nothing I probably would let him do.
    lol I know how that goes. plus, any money you pay him is money not in your pocket
    or you could just make him fetch tools/screws for you




  7. #7
    soul05's Avatar
    soul05 is offline cookies or death??



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    jbbbc...james bang box building company



    system is under re-construction
    previous setup [mazda]:
    alpine cde-9843 (sold)
    profile ap-1000m (sold)
    image dynamics idq12

    new setup [saab]:
    stock hu
    xtant a6001 (sold), phoenix gold x400.1
    2 aa assassin 10 (sold), image dynamics idq12




    refs: khail19, jasonFL

  8. #8
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Quote Originally Posted by soul05
    jbbbc...james bang box building company
    Bang Boxes tm "boxes that bang"

    I know most people use "PVC" pipes to substitute aero ports, but the pipes i got is called "ABS". I couldn't see the difference between the two other than the color. I didn't see any 4" PVCs, but I saw that these ABS pipes were nice and tough.




  9. #9
    3onDubs's Avatar
    3onDubs is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, Ca
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    That looks sweet so far James....can't wait to see the final result.




  10. #10
    dalucifer's Avatar
    dalucifer is offline Not Minion Approved



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    he always builds **** good boxes..




  11. #11
    3onDubs's Avatar
    3onDubs is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, Ca
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    That's what i've seen and heard....the tight thing is that i'll be picking it up, so he'll be able to hear it before parting with it.

    It always ***** to put all that time into something and then have no idea how it sounds....i always wonder how it is when a builder sends out a box that they would never hear. Waiting for that feedback must be suspenseful (unless your James Bang and you know you build good boxes...lol).




  12. #12
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Quote Originally Posted by 3onDubs
    It always ***** to put all that time into something and then have no idea how it sounds....i always wonder how it is when a builder sends out a box that they would never hear. Waiting for that feedback must be suspenseful (unless your James Bang and you know you build good boxes...lol).
    so far that's happened only once, because eLa didn't start his install yet. Maybe i'll hit him up and see if he's done so i can hear that 12" XXX w/ 2.5cubes @ 32hz.




  13. #13
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    well, off to work on the box.

    I had the alarm set at 6 am, but my workout last night got me to "snooze"




  14. #14
    3onDubs's Avatar
    3onDubs is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, Ca
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Quote Originally Posted by James Bang
    so far that's happened only once, because eLa didn't start his install yet. Maybe i'll hit him up and see if he's done so i can hear that 12" XXX w/ 2.5cubes @ 32hz.
    That has to be a sweet sounding box....i'd love to hear that as well. I don't know where ela lives or if he's down, but maybe we can listen to both boxes side by side to get a better idea of how the idmax's compare with the XXX's....just a thought.

    I can throw the box in my car right away as my subs are sitting in a temp box right now...already amped and wired down to one ohm....so you'll be able to hear it right away if you want when i pick up the box. It'll be a direct swap (except this one will fit perfect).




  15. #15
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Another Log: Dual IDmax box: 3onDubs

    Quote Originally Posted by 3onDubs
    That has to be a sweet sounding box....i'd love to hear that as well. I don't know where ela lives or if he's down, but maybe we can listen to both boxes side by side to get a better idea of how the idmax's compare with the XXX's....just a thought.

    I can throw the box in my car right away as my subs are sitting in a temp box right now...already amped and wired down to one ohm....so you'll be able to hear it right away if you want when i pick up the box. It'll be a direct swap (except this one will fit perfect).
    Hey, that's not such a bad idea, A 3-man meet. 12"XXX, 2 IDmax 12", and 1 Brahma 15".




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Audiobahn 8 box build work log
    By mikescanlon in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 10:36 PM
  2. dual mdf box or form-fitted fiberglassed box in trunk?
    By sumone in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:43 AM
  3. bass box pro 6 dual sub box ???
    By SMALLFLAVOR in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  4. Sealed Box recommendations for 1 OR 2 12" IDMAX?
    By TheGrimReaperKD in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 11:35 AM
  5. Box for 12 inch 8000 MTX
    By Clarion_Guy in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-01-2003, 03:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum