Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help Please! Box Info

taimurkhanlover is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help Please! Box Info

Hi i have got a sony Explode 1200 W sub woofer. I don't actually know which box to make for it some say sealed, some say Portrad . Well here it is a new fashion or style of box Called a L shaped box . there is a L kind of space for the air to pass. Please help which box should i make or use.

i have to put in my Car's trunk i have got a big trunk no worry for space. But i want a very deep space and people could also hear it outside the car i have got a 100 watt Amp.

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help Please! Box Info

i believe that your talking about a slot port when you say L shaped area for the air to pass. since your only using 100w, that is what i would do.

the true art to car audio is to keep the sound inside the car...not outside. if you can hear it outside the car, then usually you also have a lot of ratteling, which is a loss of sound. you want to keep as much of the sound inside and the ratteling to a minimum by using sound deadening materials. i have a 15 brahma and a cadence A7 pushing 1200 @ 1ohm to it...you can't really hear it outside my car, but you can feel it. it almost seems the father way you walk from the car the more you can feel the bass. when the door is opened....look out

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well sorry for being rude but that really was not the answer of my question. Actually i was just asking that Which box should i really use. That would have a Deep Bass and it would be in my car's trunk.

Thanks

JL12W7INAGS300 is offline CA's Most Hated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

throw some sand in it and have a party?

swimfreak26 is offline I am cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deep bass is kind of a broad way to put it.

In a sealed box you get better low end frequency response, or in other words the best DEEP bass. The problem, or tradeoff rather, is that you lose efficiency as far as output is concerned.

With 100 watts I'd go ported. Also, by the way your question is phrashed and the "goals" you have with your system, I'd say you're not going for deep bass, the sound you're actually looking for is the peaky sound that will carry, in which case I say tune ~35Hz in a ported box.

As a point of reference though, to truly get deep bass you'd like to tune lower, say 30Hz, or 28Hz. The lower you tune a ported box, the closer the response curve mimics that of a sealed box, making the tradeoff of space vs. output not worth it eventually.

Fuc, how come when I copy and paste **** it never gives me the cool blue thing in my sig. Sonofa*****withhotredtabascosauceonmynutz!!!!!
    References: g30ffr3y,Cjjackson85,Pearldrummer, Rattlebrain, Harrison486, excelerater, ax600, XtrmAudioCncpts

Trixter is offline Keepin it Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taimurkhanlover
    well sorry for being rude but that really was not the answer of my question. Actually i was just asking that Which box should i really use. That would have a Deep Bass and it would be in my car's trunk.

Thanks
    dude, did you read my first sentence?? sorry, maybe from now on i should just say "yes" or "no" or "ported" or "sealed"....and not to try and give extra info., just letting you know the cons to "being able to hear outside the car". if you want all that take the trunk lid off.

2006 Jeep Liberty
    Adire Audio, Cadence, Clarion, MB Quart

Lv = [(14630000 x R^2) / (Fb^2 x Vb)] - 1.463R
    *Vb = vol. in cu"
    **R = sq.rt. A / Pi (for square/slot port)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool. so well...... as you were saying i don't have a 100W it's a 1000w AMP. I am really sorry for all the problem but i am new in this field. As you were saying
    ~35Hz. where do configure that. my Cd player dosen't have any kind of option like that you know the equilizer. One more thing all AMPs have these three regulators Gain - Bass - Treble. For a Woofer how much of all these options should i turn. like all these three options should be full for best woofer bass. But i thought it i had Treble very high it would give me good woofer bass + Sound. By the way my 1000 w amp only drives this 1200W Sony Woofer.

THANKS

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the tuning is based on the box. not your eq.

also, the gain should be set with a dmm/o-scope to prevent/minimize clipping the woofer.

the low pass filter is set to keep the sub from playing above a designated frequency.

the bassboost should be set to zero. it'll kill your sub.

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

swimfreak26 is offline I am cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the tuning is based on the box. not your eq.

also, the gain should be set with a dmm/o-scope to prevent/minimize clipping the woofer.

the low pass filter is set to keep the sub from playing above a designated frequency.

the bassboost should be set to zero. it'll kill your sub
    There's your answers. A ported enclosure takes some design work to tune, not something you could just pick up persay. There are a lot of designs that Moe_lester has posted in a sticky here and you can most likely find one that will suit your needs.

As far as the amp is concerned. What amp do you have, ie the model number and such. I am going to make an assumption that's it's not really 1000 watt amp, but rather 1000 watts PEAK, most likely rated ~400 watts RMS, and putting out ~300...which is fine, that's all that driver needs, but we still need to know that in order to help you out a bit better. The gain setting, I'd explain, but I'll point you in the direction of a sticky posted in the amp section which will explain this to you very well.

Fuc, how come when I copy and paste **** it never gives me the cool blue thing in my sig. Sonofa*****withhotredtabascosauceonmynutz!!!!!
    References: g30ffr3y,Cjjackson85,Pearldrummer, Rattlebrain, Harrison486, excelerater, ax600, XtrmAudioCncpts

josh69att is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first take the sub blow it up with an m-80 and use it for a magnet on your fridge. second get more watts if you can(bigger amp). and third if you ever get an amp smaller than the sub its allways best to go ported. i have one of the boxs your talkin about and i got my watts matched pretty close and it sounds great. these boxes are worth the money.

Closed Thread