Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: dual 12s, trans am ported box build *PICS*

Lil Poot is offline you sturrin at me brah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dual 12s, trans am ported box build *PICS*

decided to get the ball rolling on this ported box, so i ordered the ports, bought the mdf, finished the plans and got cracking. started building today, thought i'd share a few pics. im planning on having 2 4 inch flared ports firing at the driver and passengers heads, with the 12's at the rear, angled upwards.

just test fitting here, actually wont block my rear glass at all with the hatch shut.

basically all i got done today after i finished the plans. i did 2 of the smaller side pieces, but only attached one.

this gives you an idea of the size of the ports i have to accommodate. 4 inch port my ***, its almost 7" at the widest point of the flare.

this is without the box in. going to see where it sits with it in, then drop the front to match. looks goofy all high like this, i know.

Alpine W205/H701
    Revolution Design D9 - 2 AQ HDC3 18s
    Genesis Profile Four Ultra - Creative SDX7 mids, TBI HDSS tweets
    Iraggi 240a, Optima g34 YT, 3 C&D 134ah, 15.3v MLA module, 120 ft 1/0, 200 ft^2 RAAMmat

WTT/S - 2 HDC3 18s, RD HW 10, 880prs + ipod + 6 disc changer, Alumapro ALC6.2 Components, Zed built US Acoustics USA4050 + USA2200, Fisher Customs boxes

spitfirees20 is offline i have the re boner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: dual 12s, trans am ported box build *PICS*

Great start, looks like it's going to turn out awesome. Lots of work involved there, but the aero ports are lookin sweet

My System: RE SX 15, 3.5 Cubic Ft Enclosure Tuned to 32 Hz, Ultra Linear UL1700, MB Quart QM 130 KX, Pioneer GM-3000T, Sony CDX-GT500, JVC external EQ, knukonceptz eKo 4 gague wiring

Refs: NhustlaR, Blunt

SAG3 is offline ________

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks complicated

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just a thought, does anyone think i may be able to work in a slot port at the top?

i noticed while reading the instructions that came with the aeroports it said to have at least the diameter of the port between the port and any inside walls, but a 14 inch tall box isnt really an option for me. now, the front section for the ports is 8 inches tall, just enough to fit the aeroports.

Alpine W205/H701
    Iraggi 240a, Optima g34 YT, 3 C&D 134ah, 15.3v MLA module, 120 ft 1/0, 200 ft^2 RAAMmat

WTT/S - 2 HDC3 18s, RD HW 10, 880prs + ipod + 6 disc changer, Alumapro ALC6.2 Components, Zed built US Acoustics USA4050 + USA2200, Fisher Customs boxes

IamDeMan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great project. I think you may want at least 3X 4" ports though. I used 1 4" aero port for my brahma 12" and when it's cranked it makes port noise. Mines in a trunk though so it wasn't as critical, but with those ports getting aimed at you, you're gonna here it. Keep us updated mang.

negativezeroz is offline Nothing Is Promised

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1meanGTA
    just a thought, does anyone think i may be able to work in a slot port at the top?

i noticed while reading the instructions that came with the aeroports it said to have at least the diameter of the port between the port and any inside walls, but a 14 inch tall box isnt really an option for me. now, the front section for the ports is 8 inches tall, just enough to fit the aeroports.
    Slot port will most likely take up more cf so it will change your enclosure volume and tuning compared to the aeroports.

Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    lol..sum guy thinks a box make subs tight..
    a box might help alil....so you saying if ya 15 is in the same box as my 10. theyre both as tight as each other???
    whatever..the thing is the mark means something..so you thought i have a 10 foot sub???
    this guy is the dumest of you all....HAHahahAHAhaHahAHAhaHa
    oh i think the lil boy complaining is talking about i hit a n instead of a s. it confused him..
    i'm sorry lil boy now is it better......its 10'' is tighter.
    my 2 marks are too far apart i'm going back to 1. it means inches lil boys..ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803
    ports should ALWAYS be larger than your capacitor
    http://shecant.myminicity.com/ind

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i agree with going with at least 3 to 4 4" ports. the only problem is you're going to have to go with longer ports to keep the same tuning.

i suggest you do any part of the enclosure that is not going to be seen like the floor to save you on the weight side.
    that box looks like is going to be heavy.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

does anyone have any tricks of the trade for making angled cuts like im going to have to do? when i did the one in my sealed box i just carefully measured the angle and angled the blade on my table saw, but theres got to be a better way to attach pieces at an angle.

yeah i can't really go any longer on the ports, right now they're at the length they came as, i think 18 inches, and they'll just barely fit in there like that. i want to get the thing built first before i cut them so i can have the exact volume in case i have to change anything along the way, but i think they'll need to be about 14-15 inches long each.

i guarantee its gonna be heavy, my sealed box even needs 2 people to remove, over 100 lbs with the woofers in.

what do you mean you suggest i "do" any part of the box that won't be seen?

Alpine W205/H701

saywhat? is offline satx120, jealous?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats how its done man, table saw adjusted to angle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what do you mean you suggest i "do" any part of the box that won't be seen?
    lol my bad i meant to put in there the word fiberglass. lol

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh and for the angles place a piece of paper on the board and trace the angle, cut the drawing of the angle and place it on the table saw and angle the blade to match the drawing.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

baseballer1100 is offline My life be like....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks good so far. Keep it up!

References:
    Caraudio.com
    Luckyt,Hotown,Thunder9500,Vladd,Mikeyb,kngoftheprk nglot, cd6551(x3),bolognabake,dalucifer,phrozen5100, frito,bring97, avs20,Resonant18,djman37,Showrides,Fi car audio(X2),jeeper07(x2),pimpedout97x,matrxx dude(x3),flakko(x2),mega1268,powernaudio,iamamp3pi mp.bamaboy,Daishi(x3).angrytrucker78,impalafan95.n etherland, down,blue200sx(x2),QtrHorseThecybe,jiggy2dmax,stc1 709,musclehead,NDMstang65v2,alxmlr789
    Carstereos.org
    Wackii,BrownNoiseBob
    Explorer4x4.com
    Fordexplorer157
    Mp3car.com
    StLB5,Coolskys05
    I know there is more ill try to find them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i just figured up the airspace, and it looks like im working with 4.97 cubic ft, gross. after .36 woofer displacement and .26 for the ports, i've got 4.35 net.

this is a bit on the large side for a pair of rl-p 12's right? i'm planning on adding a bit of mdf bracing in the middle of each section but i doubt it'll displace more than 1/10th of a cubic ft, if that.

leaving the ports the way they are, dual 4 inchers at 18 inches each will give me about a 28 hz tune right?

Alpine W205/H701

IamDeMan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i just figured up the airspace, and it looks like im working with 4.97 cubic ft, gross. after .36 woofer displacement and .26 for the ports, i've got 4.35 net.

this is a bit on the large side for a pair of rl-p 12's right? i'm planning on adding a bit of mdf bracing in the middle of each section but i doubt it'll displace more than 1/10th of a cubic ft, if that.

leaving the ports the way they are, dual 4 inchers at 18 inches each will give me about a 28 hz tune right?
    Yes. 28hzish is right. The only problem is that when plotted in WinISD, it shows that when these woofs are given full power you will get a port velocity of 17m/s and rising up steeply at 40hz and below. At 25hz the velocity is 85m/s! That is a lot of noise to direct right at your ear.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should be able to fit one more 4" port in there... they don't displace that much... that is... if you have the depth...

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast