Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Reload Thread: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

  1. #1
    garrett58's Avatar
    garrett58 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    grover beach, CA
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    I need ideas on the best box you can possibly make. It needs to be for one 12".

    Thanks







  2. #2
    tRiGgEr's Avatar
    tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Duh what speaker?



    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

  3. #3
    IamDeMan's Avatar
    IamDeMan is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    /dev/null
    Age
    39
    Posts
    22,268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    I threw a dart and it landed on 2.89 cu ft net tuned to 44 hz. That will definitely make the unknown sub play the bestest loudest.




  4. #4
    thai_creeper's Avatar
    thai_creeper is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    bay area, ca
    Posts
    953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    haha do some research man (search button) or at least let them know ur specs (sub brand/model, dimensions your trunk can fit)




  5. #5
    Lakota's Avatar
    Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    It takes more than plans to make a loud box. The fabrication of the box can have a lot to do with it.




    Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

  6. #6
    skadude016's Avatar
    skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Quote Originally Posted by garrett58
    I need ideas on the best box you can possibly make. It needs to be for one 12".

    Thanks
    ok whatcha wanna do is tune the box to 22hz with 100sq. inches of port and the box should be about 3 cubes



    HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

  7. #7
    Pyro_By_Nature's Avatar
    Pyro_By_Nature is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    23
    Posts
    5,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Everyone knows for the bestest loudest box EVURRRR you go with 10 cubes with a 10" x 10" x 10" port DURRRRRR!!!



    Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley
    2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

    Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

  8. #8
    jalverson's Avatar
    jalverson is offline my face got jacked!



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Williamston, MI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    or better yet go with 5 cubes @ 60Hz make your port about 10" wide, stick your head in and blow it up



    Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone @ davidwm88_2
    if you gotta feel for it, might need a pair of tweezers



    Refs:
    Saywhat? -purchase plan
    M@njo -Sold Hifonics BX1500D
    DubbDesigns -web hosting
    Raven2201 -Built enclosure
    aDamJ -Sold cap<--tried to screw me after the fact do not deal with adamJ aim is apex isforlovers.
    Reggiewolf -Baught Jensen VM9410
    2lows10 -Built 2 enclosures

  9. #9
    skadude016's Avatar
    skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer Man
    Everyone knows for the bestest loudest box EVURRRR you go with 10 cubes with a 10" x 10" x 10" port DURRRRRR!!!
    congrats on 1000



    HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

  10. #10
    skadude016's Avatar
    skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Quote Originally Posted by jalverson
    or better yet go with 5 cubes @ 60Hz make your port about 10" wide, stick your head in and blow it up
    I jus realized what your avatar was about. I laugh pretty hard



    HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

  11. #11
    RandyJ's Avatar
    RandyJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    The main thing you should take away from this experience, is if you do not know how to get something, then ask, OR, READ AND RESEARCH????? We love to help, but there is so much mroe to designing an enclosure then putting wood together and saying, vuala, it's the best and loudest. And if loudest is what you want, then your best bet would be bestbuy because you obviously care not for quality.




  12. #12
    noob with an RS's Avatar
    noob with an RS is offline i poop on you



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    3,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    don't listen to them they're just assholes.. heres some plans for ya man:

    duct tape a shoebox (size 12) shut (lid and box) so that it is airtight. you can stiffen the box beforehand by taping toothbrushes in rows so that the box does not flex (you can use popsicle sticcs if u dont have extra toothbrushes). after duct taping the box airtight cut a hole using scissors and a lisa frank stencil. drill a hole in the bac of the box for the wire to go through by using your hands to create a drilling motion with a sharp pencil. be careful not to drill a hole in your hand.. it can be very painful and lead to lead poisoning. now place your woofer inverted yes inverted (this is an inverted box design) which means the cone should be facing the inside of the box and the magnet should protrude outside. attach the woofer to the box using staples and use krazy glue to seal the gasket to the box. voila! you are done. nowpaypal $5 to l2smog@yahoo.com




  13. #13
    jalverson's Avatar
    jalverson is offline my face got jacked!



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Williamston, MI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Quote Originally Posted by skadude016
    I jus realized what your avatar was about. I laugh pretty hard
    yeah ya like that, whats really funny is that my fiance belongs to peta and any other animal rights orginaztion you can htink of LOL



    Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone @ davidwm88_2
    if you gotta feel for it, might need a pair of tweezers



    Refs:
    Saywhat? -purchase plan
    M@njo -Sold Hifonics BX1500D
    DubbDesigns -web hosting
    Raven2201 -Built enclosure
    aDamJ -Sold cap<--tried to screw me after the fact do not deal with adamJ aim is apex isforlovers.
    Reggiewolf -Baught Jensen VM9410
    2lows10 -Built 2 enclosures

  14. #14
    NJack2AF's Avatar
    NJack2AF is offline Best Member Ever



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    1,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Ya I used to shoebox design myself... It WANGS!!!



    Car- 2004 Lincoln LS

    Setup:
    20.1 @ .35 ohms and 12" BTL

    Refs:
    Ricktc, Mr. Loki-x2, SPL140.2
    jimmyslide, Ruckus, Moe Lester
    Milenko515, skeptikal, haunther,
    amartin_72, DARKHART
    Need a Box?-
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344766

  15. #15
    jalverson's Avatar
    jalverson is offline my face got jacked!



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Williamston, MI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Best, Loudest box. Plans Please

    Quote Originally Posted by noob with an RS
    don't listen to them they're just assholes.. heres some plans for ya man:

    duct tape a shoebox (size 12) shut (lid and box) so that it is airtight. you can stiffen the box beforehand by taping toothbrushes in rows so that the box does not flex (you can use popsicle sticcs if u dont have extra toothbrushes). after duct taping the box airtight cut a hole using scissors and a lisa frank stencil. drill a hole in the bac of the box for the wire to go through by using your hands to create a drilling motion with a sharp pencil. be careful not to drill a hole in your hand.. it can be very painful and lead to lead poisoning. now place your woofer inverted yes inverted (this is an inverted box design) which means the cone should be facing the inside of the box and the magnet should protrude outside. attach the woofer to the box using staples and use krazy glue to seal the gasket to the box. voila! you are done. nowpaypal $5 to l2smog@yahoo.com
    +1 FER JOO!



    Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone @ davidwm88_2
    if you gotta feel for it, might need a pair of tweezers



    Refs:
    Saywhat? -purchase plan
    M@njo -Sold Hifonics BX1500D
    DubbDesigns -web hosting
    Raven2201 -Built enclosure
    aDamJ -Sold cap<--tried to screw me after the fact do not deal with adamJ aim is apex isforlovers.
    Reggiewolf -Baught Jensen VM9410
    2lows10 -Built 2 enclosures

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fiberglass ported box plans
    By MadItalian in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 08:15 AM
  2. My sealed box story, and ... thanks to everyone
    By JettaGLI in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
  3. Need box plans for a XXX 18 ported.
    By mega1268 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:54 AM
  4. will pay for box plans, but have questions
    By jchancellortool in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
  5. Box Plans
    By TOd3sEnG3L in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum