Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First Time Box, but its gonna be HOT

Jon403 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First Time Box, but its gonna be HOT

I'm working on a 3 sub enclosure with a hatchback back that will squeeze right in between my wheel wells. I've read most of the posts on building, but how important is it to have each sub sealed off from the others? I know bracing is important and I was going to put some cross braces in, but should the subs really be sealed from each other even if they are running in parallel? I will post pics when I am done with this install, and thanks in advance.

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The big thing with running all of the subs in a common chamber, is if one goes they all have a chance of going. If you divide the enclosure. You will put in the best brace possible by dividing it.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

Alaxan is offline Common Sense Guru

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have run subs both ways and been very succesful with each. So long as you are not overdriving the subs there should be no issue of blowing one let alone all of them. I have found an advantage tho (in my personal listening preference) by keeping them in the same chamber. It creates a more controlled and tighter cleaner bass than one sitting in its own chamber. Quite often it will be due to a personal preference, but you should be good either way you decide to go..... do keep in mind that if you create a separate chamber for each to add that additional airspace to the enclosure too!

-Alax
    CEO Alchemy Computer Systems

Questions or comments?
    Yahoo: Static_Lullaby_77
    AOL: StaticLulaby1977
    MSN: Alaxinlord@hotmail.com

bass_mekanik is offline i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    therieticaly (spelling) a common box would be better with the subs pulling back on oneanother creating a tighter response but separate boxes would be safer beacus for any reason if yu need to unhook 1 it will not flap like a passive radiator which is bad if you want to keep the woofer

Alpine 7892 Deck will get converted to am mp3 deck one day

Apline DLC-176A splits

Alpine MRD-M1000 sub amp i want 3 more

Alpine MRV-T320 Split amp

Alpine SWS-1241 woofers X2 they are mums i have better subs in store

144.5 Db's worth on a linear X with mummys subs sealed wait till i port them and unleash the fury

7 Months and 2 jobs later i am back louder smarter and alot poorer so watch yo asses cause i am back

The aussie rice boi Slammed pulsar on 18's and tyres that are as thick as a condom :P

venom107 is offline The Graveyard Shift

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have to be careful with putting them in the same chamber because there is always the chance (depending on power and the subs themselves) that you could blow the box apart. I have a friend that didnt brace his box and had three 10's well lets just say its a good thing the trunk was closed and his back seat was in cause wood went fling it sounded kinda cool but he was really pissed.

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like and interesting site there venom!!! woudl love to see how that woulda looked when he opened the trunk!!

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

venom107 is offline The Graveyard Shift

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looked like somebody threw a grenade in it just to say the least. It probly would have killed somebody if his trunk would have been open. Piece of 3/4" particle board right in somebodys chest. It smelled pretty bad too.

Closed Thread