Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Just starting out

01Silverado is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just starting out

Hey i just turned 16 and have been saving up for my system for a few months now and finaly got it. I just got a MTX 15" 9500 and want to build a box for it. I have a 2001 tahoe LT and the third row seat is out. I want to build a box that is ported and takes up the full width of the trunk. My question is, tuning.... How do i tune my box to the specs and have it the length i want it?

lionel2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Just starting out

Okay...i have a box for 3 12's in my blazer..it takes up the whole back end...tuned to..the shop did the box and install...but it is ported and what design works best with chevy blazer/tahoe's is a ported box with sub facing up and port on back hittin tail gate...with amp mounted anywhere you want as long as it stays cool..mine is behind the seat so it dont get wet from rain or whatever...mine is loud as heck...the whole building of the install place was vibrating..they had volume on 45 just with about 1000w going to them...definatly go with a ported like my design...you will be happy...just took pics of the whole install and everything..but i dont have a dang scanner..hope this helps..peace man

Little B is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a sticky of box plans at the top of this section. If you can't find one you like you can ask someone to make you plans or the box itself.

lionel2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah thats ur best bet..thats what i did..i didnt ask it to be my own way..they did what is best for my car using the measurements..cubic feet tuning and all that...there could be a louder way to do it than mine..i dunno

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok thanks guys, ill give it a try.

phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 01Silverado
    Hey i just turned 16 and have been saving up for my system for a few months now and finaly got it. I just got a MTX 15" 9500 and want to build a box for it. I have a 2001 tahoe LT and the third row seat is out. I want to build a box that is ported and takes up the full width of the trunk. My question is, tuning.... How do i tune my box to the specs and have it the length i want it?
    youre 16... and have a 2001 tahoe? Are you a drug dealer, or do you have rich *** parents...?

Anyways, a little off topic there, but yeah a ported box will get hella loud in an SUV. And the 9500 is quite a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

JL12W7INAGS300 is offline CA's Most Hated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom240
    youre 16... and have a 2001 tahoe? Are you a drug dealer, or do you have rich *** parents...?

Anyways, a little off topic there, but yeah a ported box will get hella loud in an SUV. And the 9500 is quite a beast.

Hey man good choice of car. I have a friend with the same car and hes got two 15" L7's in a ported box and it sounds REALLLL good.

Anyway why does everyone hate on 16 year old with nice cars? I mean.. ****..

phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont hate on 16 year olds who have nice cars... i just think that (and being an 18 year old guy i know this) that 16 year olds arent the best of drivers, and newer cars are rather expensive, and SUV's are rather heavy and would rape my lowered 240sx...and a host of other cars if they were ever to collide.

But lets get back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha wait one more... no i dont deal drugs, i use them, and yes my parents are succesful in life and have provided me with a nice safe $45,000 suv. But im not a bad driver at all, hahah and im sitting 2 inches lower in the front and 4 in the back so i wont plow you down too easy BTW my life is cars and i plan to build a very nice system and dont want some p.o.s box. so i want all the help i can get. thanks

MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I were you I would probably contact someone on the forums here for an enclosure. I could make you one if you would like, just send me a pm and we can work something out. One of my buddys had a 9500 in a S10, it sounded great. One question I have for you is what amp are you running? Those subs can handle some power and in the proper enclosure I think you would be very impressed. BTW do you have a stock electrical system in your car? You might want to think about upgrading that, look into the big 3 and an alternator and battery. Just look around the forums in the electrical section and see what you gotta do. Good luck man

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

Closed Thread