Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Reload Thread: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

  1. #1
    rocknrolljoel21's Avatar
    rocknrolljoel21 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    shawnigan lake, british columbia, canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    hey, is it alright if i make a sub enclosure and put some 6x9's on the top of the box? i really have no other room in my vehicle for this. is this a safe move?







  2. #2
    JimJ's Avatar
    JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    31,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    1. Unless you build seperate enclosures for the 6x9's, no.

    2. Why use the 6x9's at all?




  3. #3
    rocknrolljoel21's Avatar
    rocknrolljoel21 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    shawnigan lake, british columbia, canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    why not? you gotta have your mids and highs as well as your lows. dont you?

    thank you. i will make seperate enclosures for them.




  4. #4
    JimJ's Avatar
    JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    31,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrolljoel21
    why not? you gotta have your mids and highs as well as your lows. dont you?

    thank you. i will make seperate enclosures for them.
    Yeah, but not in back of you




  5. #5
    rocknrolljoel21's Avatar
    rocknrolljoel21 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    shawnigan lake, british columbia, canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    i have 5 and 1/4 in the front, with seperete 1 inch tweeters. and need some noise in the back to fill it out more. and its no nescicarily in the back. ther is little to no trunk room and its a hatchback. i was going to build a weird looking angled box to get it so the speakers would be facing towards the front of the car. and the subs face the hatch




  6. #6
    JimJ's Avatar
    JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    31,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    If you need to "fill it out" more, the front stage isn't doing its job correctly




  7. #7
    rocknrolljoel21's Avatar
    rocknrolljoel21 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    shawnigan lake, british columbia, canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    i could be wrong thoyugh, im jsut learning all this car audio info. its going to be hard to build this enclosure. i have a weird shaped trunk. its my first time building an enclosure and i wanto try and make a ported one. :S




  8. #8
    Blunt's Avatar
    Blunt is offline 2009 ProStock 0-600 Champ



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrolljoel21
    i could be wrong thoyugh, im jsut learning all this car audio info. its going to be hard to build this enclosure. i have a weird shaped trunk. its my first time building an enclosure and i wanto try and make a ported one. :S
    then don't try to make it harder then it needs to be. get rid of the 6 x 9 idea and jsut amp the front stage a little more



    Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    Ever laughed so hard that your spincter hurt? Think that's what it feels like when you stuck in a cage with an ape during mating season?
    87 S-10 Ext Cab 4x4
    3 Treo SSX 15's
    1 Treo CXT4.1i
    2 200 amp Ohio Gen Alts

    2009 USACi Pro Stock 0-600 World Champion
    TEAM DB DRIVEN
    TEAM TREO
    BROKEN SILENCE C.C.


    refs: HCCAfan,meka,slain93gsr,spitfirees20,iceteebone,sa kura,john payton,Mr. Loki, 96MaxGLE, speedfreak28

  9. #9
    Blunt's Avatar
    Blunt is offline 2009 ProStock 0-600 Champ



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    Quote Originally Posted by bumpnwit415s
    man i got this crazy box 4 my my 6by9s and i airbrushed it looks tight and ive got it on my back seet i put on my dash sometimes for better highs but anyways build a 1 gu ft box per speek and port it around 60hz, that way it will hit the mids better. you can use 4 inc pvc pipe thats what i used it sounds good i think my 6by9s add like 5 decbles or whatever to my system it moves a quarter on my roof



    Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    Ever laughed so hard that your spincter hurt? Think that's what it feels like when you stuck in a cage with an ape during mating season?
    87 S-10 Ext Cab 4x4
    3 Treo SSX 15's
    1 Treo CXT4.1i
    2 200 amp Ohio Gen Alts

    2009 USACi Pro Stock 0-600 World Champion
    TEAM DB DRIVEN
    TEAM TREO
    BROKEN SILENCE C.C.


    refs: HCCAfan,meka,slain93gsr,spitfirees20,iceteebone,sa kura,john payton,Mr. Loki, 96MaxGLE, speedfreak28

  10. #10
    ~Magick_Man~'s Avatar
    ~Magick_Man~ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bedford,Tx
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    Quote Originally Posted by bumpnwit415s
    man i got this crazy box 4 my my 6by9s and i airbrushed it looks tight and ive got it on my back seet i put on my dash sometimes for better highs but anyways build a 1 gu ft box per speek and port it around 60hz, that way it will hit the mids better. you can use 4 inc pvc pipe thats what i used it sounds good i think my 6by9s add like 5 decbles or whatever to my system it moves a quarter on my roof
    does anyone else feel the urge to beat this person with a heavy object?
    or is it just me?

    ~Magick_Man~




  11. #11
    Twistid's Avatar
    Twistid is offline 150.5



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    in a space out of sound
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    hey what can you do, hes canadian...



    "A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

    REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    on this same note, do 6x9"s need a certain volume of internal air to work properly?

    I'm looking at doing the same type thing for the bed of my truck(I'm doing a blow-through with two 12"s, and was wanting to face some 6x9"s toward the rear of the truck for outdoor parties/gatherings or whatever.

    If I glassed them in like kickpods to the corners of the bed, would I need to seal off the fiberglass?




  13. #13
    NhustlaR's Avatar
    NhustlaR is offline Below me



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brockport, NY
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt
    x 1000000




  14. #14
    NhustlaR's Avatar
    NhustlaR is offline Below me



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brockport, NY
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    sorry about the off topic reply........well, i would redo your whole truck bed. if you plan on glassing in only two 6x9's in the bed, it would kinda, in my mind, defeat any purpose. open up your doors on your question, im not sure if they need to be sealed or not




  15. #15
    maylar's Avatar
    maylar is offline Electrical Weenie



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    62
    Posts
    3,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

    Re: subwoofer enclosure with 6x9's

    Quote Originally Posted by maldecido33
    on this same note, do 6x9"s need a certain volume of internal air to work properly?

    I'm looking at doing the same type thing for the bed of my truck(I'm doing a blow-through with two 12"s, and was wanting to face some 6x9"s toward the rear of the truck for outdoor parties/gatherings or whatever.

    If I glassed them in like kickpods to the corners of the bed, would I need to seal off the fiberglass?
    I emailed Infinity once about that and they aid 0.3 cu ft was a good size for their 6X9's.



    dave
    ----------
    1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
    Head Unit: JVC KWHDR720
    EQ: Audiocontrol EQL
    Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine 5.25 mids, Morel Maximo tweets
    Sub Stage: Boston G3 10", 0.5 cu ft sealed
    Amp: PPI Phantom 900.4
    Rear Fill: Boston SE953 6X9's

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!
    By DSMRevolution in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 02:43 AM
  2. Enclosure For 6x9s
    By JoseMCeee in forum Speakers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 01:22 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
  4. Digital Designs 9512 e-series Subwoofer
    By tobz in forum Subwoofer and Speaker Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:02 PM
  5. Subwoofer Enclosure Software
    By XL721 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 05:59 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum