Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help on my odd shaped box.

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Need help on my odd shaped box.

Hey guys.. decided to go with a different sound so I decided to see what the hype is all about the new Type R's. Anyway, since I want to port two Type R 12's with a small oddly shaped trunk, I created this oddly shapped box plan. I used a box creater, but I dont think its right.

I want to do a slot port tuned to 33 hrtz. I need to know how long to make the port with say.. a 4-4.5 inch port. The depth of the box can be adjusted. Can anyone help me with this odd box?

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Need help on my odd shaped box.

Anyone?

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1.73278 cubic feet for the wedge style part and 4.85352 cubes for the box style part.

Psyence is offline Customized

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually the box part is 6.509

And we need the height of the other peice against the box part

Psyence
    2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Stock Nav System w/ Sync
    Audison Bit One Processor
    Audison LRx 5.1K Amplifier
    Hertz MLK165's Bi-Amped Components
    Hertz ES250 (2) Sealed Woofers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

eeeek forgot about that...

And I added in the max of 16 inches... I actualy figured in a different number for the depth of the box.

16 inches high
    Last edited by Trancer; 09-08-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Its fixed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well hmmmm. Can anyone give me an idea to where I can find out my problem for myself?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Did some adding and my Net volume is 6.52... so if I want to tune it to 32 hrtz that would be 4 inches wide and 15.5 tall at 70 square inches of port?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Here is a better revised version of my box, Instead of the wedge box having a height of 16, I want to go with 15.5 and the cube box being a max of 16, but 14 would be nice

Closed Thread