Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wood pod?

kuijo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wood vs. Fiberglass pod?

Does anyone have an opinion of a kick pod made out of wood? My neighbor was talking to me about it and said it should sound better instead of fiberglass. He thinks i should cut out a bunch of baffles and glue them all together then cut it down to the angle i want the speaker to sit at. Any comments are cool
    Last edited by kuijo; 09-04-2005 at 09:42 PM.

joeldirt is offline Integrity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wood pod?

Quote Originally Posted by kuijo
    Does anyone have an opinion of a kick pod made out of wood? My neighbor was talking to me about it and said it should sound better instead of fiberglass. He things i should cut out a bunch of baffles and glue them all together then cut it down to the angle i want the speaker to sit at. Any comments are cool

that would take alot of time to get to shape right, and to look good. The fiberglass doesnt hinder the sound at all if you do it strong and rigid enough. If it would make you feel more comfortable, you can use the spray in sound deadener to soften the resonant frequencies.

kuijo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he was talking to me about this guy he met that made violins for the grand operie (sp). and how hed pick wood to make them out of. Said dependind on the wood which would get the best sound out of it. he said its the same thing for speakers. ANyone else have opinions?

PowerNaudio is offline the power of audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuijo
    he was talking to me about this guy he met that made violins for the grand operie (sp). and how hed pick wood to make them out of. Said dependind on the wood which would get the best sound out of it. he said its the same thing for speakers. ANyone else have opinions?
    that's true about the violins, and is half true about speakers, violins use the violin body to make sound, the speaker makes sound even out side an enclosure "depends on the sound frequency played", the way the speaker sounds to your ear can very depending on the type of materials used in the enclosure, some materials reflect sound more then others and some absorb sound more then others,
    now, unless you're going for the ultimate and best in the universe in the SQ competition, use what ever material is the easiest to built the pods out of.

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio
    builds
    more builds
    saturn l300 build
    videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin, netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,
    donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlock er,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,
    bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic ,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,
    bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

Closed Thread