I have a 1996 Dodge Caravan with the backseat taken out and i am going to put a sealed sub box in the back. It will have 2 ten inch kicker comps and each sub will have as separate chamber. I know the general construction, but i have a few questions. First, I will list my box specs so you experts at box building can check them over then please try to answer my questions.
Exterior Box Dimensions
Height= 18 inches
Interior Dimensions (For only 1 chamber)
Chamber Volume=2.186 cubic feet (this measurement doe not include the displacement of the sub)
1. Do you think I should change my chamber volume? (Minimum Recommended Enclosure for one 10 inch Kicker Comp is 1.0 cubic feet and the Maximum is 2.4 cubic feet but these include the displacement of the sub)
2. I am going to be using a double thick baffle board made of two pieces of 3/4 MDF. I am wondering if i need to seal the cracks in between the two boards where the sub cut out is.
3. How do I seal the sub to the box? Does it require any materials that don't come with the sub?
4. How do I seal the terminal cup to the box? Does it require any materials that don't come with the terminal cup?
5. Should I carpet the box before or after I seal the subs in place?
Thanks to all of you who answer my questions.