Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with SX 15 plans

Well I gotta build a new box so I am needing box and panel plans. I am going to make a wedge style enslosure for my trunk. In the future, maybe next week or next month, I am going to cut out a hole for my back seat so I can have my SX poking out. Back seat passengers will still be able to sit there, because I will have a sub grill. Anyway, my max demensions for the rectangular part of the box are 26W X 15H. I dont want to go beyond 28 inches deep. I am wanting it tuned to 33 hrtz. As for the wedge part of the box, My bottom depth is 5 inches so I get a volume of .34 ft3 before sub displacement. Can anyone help me?

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with SX 15 plans

Oh and should I try and find a way to fire the port in the cab or just leave it to firing in the trunk?

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or should I just run an IB setup?

Blados is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really want to cut a hole in your seat?

References:mb7, Moe Lester, Untouchable11, jntar,BC_BIGBUDZ420, cobra65427289, zebo, sku, theFBI
    bcarpenterfhl PDizzle2oo5, KngOfThePkngLot, Iamamp3pimp, kinville, ArrizX, boomzilla, stuckinok, NMBR1SPT, ls2poweredgoat, BushJ311, MTXman, lookitsjim23, jeepintn, violentrapture, Dtowncats, wgsj_fortvalley

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The back part of the backseats are removable. I can take each side out in 3 seconds. I am talking to a guy right now who totalled his Grand Am so I can get his and have another set for when I want to put it back to stock

RCwhat is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not a crx style box, hella easier to build than a wedge. plus it'd probably be louder in a grandam trunk as well. If you really want to see the sub, make the front panel with 1" plexi. just my $.02

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I am looking to do.. I also threw in Karen McDougal in there aswell for your viewing pleasures

RCwhat is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do realize that you're gonna have to use mulitple mdf rings to space the sub out of the box enough to sit flush with the seat or its gonna look stupid with a big hole in the seat...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking of about 2 MDF rings... That should do the trick. I am going to staple the fabric back around my hole into the seats so the seat fabric comes in.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I need more rings, I can always add more. No biggy, that isnt my concern right now.

Closed Thread