Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Capacitor Issues..Blown Fuse..Need Help

abb1771 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Capacitor Issues..Blown Fuse..Need Help

My fuse in the fuse holder keeps blowing everytime I hookup my power wire to battery. Never had this problem until I installed my capacitor and when I hooked it up. But that was when it was new and had no charge. Now that still has charge and its the only reason I can think of. Had a flat tire had to move all amps and sub to get to spare tire and now I just dumbfounded on getting this working again. And when I go to put the fuse in the fuse holder its a real good spark and pop thats seems more powerful then I ever seen happen when installing things in my car. Everthing is hookup back up back no fuse in fuse holder. Done blown 3 and dont want to keep spending money on fuses. Please help Ive tryed a lot of things but I believe its all pointing to this capacitor and im one that installed everything including capacitor but dont know a lot about the current and charges it holds and so forth....Please give me some feed back???????

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Capacitor Issues..Blown Fuse..Need Help

You need to slowly charge the cap. Try taking a light and making a lead on each side. Hook it up like you would a fuse and once the cap is charged put a fuse in.

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill try it but gotta go buy some new fuses lol

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

And read this: Capacitors

t@kito is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ditch the cap upgrade your power cable

t@kito is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SO, WHAT IS A CAPACITOR GOOD FOR? 1.Audio Jewellery- impress chicks with large cylindrical shiny thingy
    2.Extra weight during winter time
    3.A very POOR... BUT expensive distribution block
    4.A projectile in the event of a crash LOL.
    5.Rolling pin--for cooking purposes
    6.A neat thing to tell your friend, "..Hey man, lick the top of this.."

lol

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T@kito View Post
    SO, WHAT IS A CAPACITOR GOOD FOR? 1.Audio Jewellery- impress chicks with large cylindrical shiny thingy
    2.Extra weight during winter time
    3.A very POOR... BUT expensive distribution block
    4.A projectile in the event of a crash LOL.
    5.Rolling pin--for cooking purposes
    6.A neat thing to tell your friend, "..Hey man, lick the top of this.."

lol

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T@kito View Post
    ditch the cap upgrade your power cable
    no,ditch the cap and get another battery,then upgrade you power wire.

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha good stuff. But truthfully i dont know why I got a cap because my lights never did dim I just figured with 2 amps it would supply more power to the amps which would be good when listening to music. But ill try without the cap and see what happens because this cap is gettin on my nerves.....And my battery good lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abb1771 View Post
    Haha good stuff. But truthfully i dont know why I got a cap because my lights never did dim I just figured with 2 amps it would supply more power to the amps which would be good when listening to music. But ill try without the cap and see what happens because this cap is gettin on my nerves.....And my battery good lol
    well im going to tell you that you would need a 20 farad or larger capacitor to be effective,because whats happening is that you are draining that cap in like 2 seconds man and your battery and your alternator are not only trying to keep up with your amps they are also trying to charge that cap and basically you are your doing is whats called "chasing" your power.and that is going to prematurely ruin your alternator,ive been in the industry long enough to tell you that with 2 amps you should get another battery and put it in the back.just put it in place of that cap,hook that battery up to the front one and then hook your amps up to the one in the back.what that will do is allow the amps to pull the power from the back battery and it will let the front battery keep it charged,and probably the most important thing is that it will keep the stress off of your alternator.

BTW,what amps are you running?

under construction:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hifonics titan7506 and I dont remember the model for the tweets but its a 400w 2 channel pioneer amp. But I ran both those amps for abou 8 months and then got this cap. But the 2nd battery sounds like a good idea.

Closed Thread